San Francisco, California
At FarmWise, we harness the power of AI to find solutions to combat food production challenges, and help growers thrive in this new farming era. We work hand in hand with growers to understand their constraints, address their priorities, and build products that are changing their lives for good.
We’re a diverse team of analytical problem-solvers who are deeply motivated by challenges. We value open communication and a dedication to self-improvement. If you are interested in working on technology that will have a big impact on agriculture. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We value Software Engineering fundamentals because having a big impact doesn't require a background in Robotics. You will build and iterate on the capabilities of our autonomous farming robots while developing robust infrastructure. You will work on a distributed architecture with firm real-time constraints that enable our devices to reliably act on each plant with precision and speed.
ABOUT THE WORK
- Collaborate in developing the prototypes of new features, and work to harden and deploy these features.
- Contribute to a 'best practices' software engineering organization: expand our test infrastructure, validation methods and improve real-time performance.
- Build and deploy features for monitoring autonomous performance, localization and mapping, robotic controls and actuation.
- 2+ yrs. writing robust, production-ready, well-written code.
- Strong communicator with a desire to work in a collaborative, people first company culture.
- Programming skills in an object-oriented programming language such as C++ or Python.
- Knowledge of standard software development best practices: code reviews, version control, and testing.
- Experience with a POSIX based operating system such as Linux, OS-X or ROS.
- Willingness to learn and expand your skills.
- Willingness to work in a code base that leverages Linear Algebra, 3D Geometry and Machine Learning.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Employer-sponsored health, dental and vision insurance — for you, your spouse and children
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Paid holidays and flexible PTO
- Free catered lunch and plenty of snacks
- Paid Parental Leave policy
Come work on technology that will change food production forever!