San Francisco, California
Let’s change the face of agriculture!
Who We Are
At FarmWise, we are building autonomous farming robots to help agriculture become more sustainable. With our current team of 25, we've already deployed our first wave of robots, generating revenue and completing valuable work for farmers.
After the tremendous success of our first deployment on farms in California, we raised a Series A round of funding, led by Calibrate Ventures, to accelerate our engineering development and operations in the US and abroad.
Come work on technology that will change food production forever!
About the Role
At FarmWise we value solid Software Engineering fundamentals because having a big impact on our product doesn't require a background in Robotics.
As a Software Engineer you will build and iterate on the capabilities of our autonomous farming robots while developing robust infrastructure. You will work on a distributed architecture with firm real-time constraints that enable our devices to reliably act on each plant with precision and speed.
About the Work
- Collaborate in developing the prototypes of new features, and work to harden and deploy these features.
- Contribute to a 'best practices' software engineering organization: expand our test infrastructure, validation methods and improve real-time performance.
- Build and deploy features for monitoring autonomous performance, localization and mapping, robotic controls and actuation.
- 2+ yrs. writing robust, production-ready, well-written code.
- Strong communicator with a desire to work in a collaborative, people first company culture.
- Programming skills in an object-oriented programming language such as C++ or Python.
- Knowledge of standard software development best practices: code reviews, version control, and testing.
- Experience with a POSIX based operating system such as Linux, OS-X or ROS.
- Willingness to learn and expand your skills.
- Willingness to work in a code base that leverages Linear Algebra, 3D Geometry and Machine Learning.
Along with working on stimulating engineering challenges, we also offer the following benefits to support our team:
- Competitive salary and equity in the company
- 401k match program
- Health benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits
- Flexible vacation & time-off policy
FarmWise is an equal opportunity employer and expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.