Head of Product
Santa Clara, CA /
Executive team /
At FarmWise, we harness the power of AI, Deep Learning, and Robotics to find solutions to food production challenges to help growers thrive in this new farming era. We work hand-in-hand with growers to understand their constraints, address their priorities, and build innovative products that are changing their lives, and our food supply, for the better.
We’re a diverse team of analytical problem-solvers who are deeply motivated by challenges. We value open communication and a dedication to self-improvement.
If you are interested in working with us in the exciting world of AgTech and bringing to market new technologies that will have a big impact on agriculture, then we look forward to you applying!
About the Role:
The Head of Product will play a critical role in the future of FarmWise. You will oversee all of our products. This would include mechanical weeding for vegetables, row crop endeavors, precision spraying, data initiatives, and actively contributing to refining requirements and directions of these products. You will help to refine our product strategy and build the framework to define and communicate product requirements throughout the company. You will collaborate cross-functionally with engineering, marketing, business development, and Operations.
About the Work
- Develop the product vision by gaining a deep understanding of the marketplace, audience, users, competitors, and opportunities.
- Translate product vision into actionable strategies, executable product plans, and a product roadmap.
- Work with customers and users to refine requirements and positioning of our products, with clear customer and market justifications of why the product will be successful.
- Develop the processes needed to run product development efficiently. Prioritize product decisions and launch products while following on budget and metrics.
- Work closely with other teams (engineering, sales, and operations) to identify the key features of our products and make decisions on strategy and trade-offs with stakeholders.
- 7+ years of experience in product management
- Experience with farming or AgTech is a plus
- Experience with shipping quality products on time; preferably hardware or AI-based products
- Strong understanding of all aspects of the product development lifecycle, including product strategy development, requirements definition, engineering, QA, and launch
- An excellent communicator who can partner with engineering, sales, and operations to define requirements, inspire with what’s possible, and can provide a compelling vision of what the next evolution of the features and products should be.
- Excellent leadership, project management, communication, and organizational skills
- Can travel to our Salinas, CA facility as needed
What we Offer
- Competitive salary & equity
- Unlimited/Flexible PTO
- 8 company-wide holidays
- Generous Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision), including FSA and HSA options
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Company-provided lunches several times a week
FarmWise takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location in the U.S. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
The compensation band for this role is $175k-$215k. FarmWise offers an annual discretionary bonus program, and all employees are offered equity.