Senior Embedded Control Engineer
Santa Clara, CA /
Software Engineering /
At FarmWise, we harness the power of AI to find solutions to combat food production challenges, and help growers thrive in this new farming era. We work hand in hand with growers to understand their constraints, address their priorities, and build products that are changing their lives for good.
We’re a diverse team of analytical problem-solvers who are deeply motivated by challenges. We value open communication and a dedication to self-improvement. If you are interested in working on technology that will have a big impact on agriculture. Join us!
About the Work
- Work on low level real-time components of the system
- Develop drivers to handle multiple actuations in parallel
- Develop control loops to actuate our weeder arms reliably and on schedule
- Ensure actuation robustness by creating and driving extensive coverage test plans to handle any environmental conditions in the fields
- Collaborate with the other teams to build the best and strongest state-of-the-art farming equipment; Hardware, Electrical, Computer Vision, Backend, and Operations.
Beyond this set of responsibilities, you will be exposed to a broad variety of other challenges as they arise and you will need to discuss, brainstorm and work closely with hardware engineers, AI engineers and system engineers.
- Strong communicator and a desire to work in a collaborative, people first culture
- A BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics or related fields
- 4+ years of practical experience in writing robust, production-ready, clearly-written, reusable, and well-tested code
- High Proficiency in C and C++
- Strong background in low level embedded code development in bare metal and real-time OS
- Experience working with, and debugging low embedded systems
- Experience developing and tuning control systems
- Fluency with Linux development environments
Nice to Have
- Experience with FreeRTOS on ARM chips
- Experience controlling hydraulic systems
- Experience with standard communication buses (SPI, I2C, CAN...)
- Experience with board bring-up, reading schematics and datasheets, and writing peripheral drivers
- Experience with debugging HW related issues using any tool necessary (scopes/analysers/…)
- Experience with the NVidia Jetson Sensor Processing Engine (SPE)
- Experience implementing and simulating controls and estimation algorithms for dynamic systems (PID, control loops, etc), state space, localization, robotic actuators, sensor fusion, etc
What we Offer
- Competitive salary & equity
- Unlimited/Flexible PTO
- 9 company-wide holidays
- Generous Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision), including FSA and HSA options
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Company-provided lunches several times a week
FarmWise takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location in the U.S. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
The compensation band for this role is $175k-$210k. FarmWise offers an annual discretionary bonus program, and all employees are offered equity.