Agriculture Equipment Operator
Salinas, California /
Field Operations /
At FarmWise, we harness the power of AI to find solutions to combat food production challenges, and help growers thrive in this new farming era. We work hand in hand with growers to understand their constraints, address their priorities, and build products that are changing their lives for good.
We’re a diverse team of analytical problem-solvers who are deeply motivated by challenges. We value open communication and a dedication to self-improvement. If you are interested in working on technology that will have a big impact on agriculture. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an Equipment Operator at FarmWise, you will be operating our machines on the field on a daily basis. Your role is to ensure all operations go well with the machine on the field and to communicate with the farm operations manager as well as with the FarmWise team (based in San Francisco) to solve any unexpected issue.
We are looking for a detailed-oriented person with experience working with agricultural machines. You must be mechanically inclined and either experienced or willing to learn the operation of heavy equipment.
ABOUT THE WORK
- Drive a truck and trailer, maintain a valid driver's license and earn good CDL driver's rating
- Be responsible for operating and maintaining equipment
- Review fieldwork with the operations manager
- Start and set up a modern machine through a digital interface (a tablet app)
- Report issues and help improve processes
* This job requires working outside for 8 hours or more, dealing with unexpected situations and issues and being thoughtful and detailed oriented.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required with experience or vocational/technical certification
- 1-3 years of mechanical/technical engineering experience
- Able to apply written instructions to machine set-up and maintenance
- Proficient English speaker. Be able to communicate with fellow employees effectively
- Reliable attendance, punctuality, and attention to work
- Persist at difficult tasks despite unexpected obstacles
- Desired: Valid CA Class A commercial license
- Enjoy excellent benefits, health insurance, a 401k match program.
- Evolve in a very fast-paced environment with short development cycles.
- Be able to shape a revolutionary product in its early days.
FarmWise takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location in the U.S. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
The compensation band for this role is $20-$25 an hour. FarmWise offers an annual discretionary bonus program, and all employees are offered equity.
Come work on technology that will change food production forever!