San Francisco, California
Let’s change the face of agriculture!
Who We Are
At FarmWise, we are building autonomous farming robots to help agriculture become more sustainable. With our current team of 25, we've already deployed our first wave of robots, generating revenue and completing valuable work for farmers.
After the tremendous success of our first deployment on farms in California, we raised a Series A round of funding, led by Calibrate Ventures, to accelerate our engineering development and operations in the US and abroad.
Come work on technology that will change food production forever!
About the Role
As a Mechanical Engineer at FarmWise, you will be responsible for the mechanical design of our autonomous robot fleet, prototype new components, and dig into existing mechanical issues. You will work closely with the software and hardware design team to redesign, implement, and iterate on solutions.
About the Work
- Design and improve the mechanical design of our robots
- Prototype new components to enhance and hone the capabilities of our robot
- Troubleshoot mechanical issues and iterate on solutions
- Present data/trade-offs to management to facilitate the making of design decisions
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline
- 2+ years of industry experience
- Experience working with heavy vehicles or large and complex robotic assemblies
- Experience with sheet metal tool + CAD software
- Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up, debugging and functional verification
- Primary technical and design responsibility for all aspects of mechanical assemblies which were successfully produced in moderate to high volume
- Strong experience with 3D design tools such as SolidWorks, or other CAD tools
- Knowledge of electrical characterization equipment (oscilloscope, spectrum analyzers… etc)
- Experience with electric noise filtering, various communication protocols (especially UART, Ethernet, USB, SPI, I2C)
- Experience with one or more of the following: hydraulics, pneumatics, diesel engines
- Overseen the technical and design responsibility for aspects of electro-mechanical assemblies
- Machine design experience is a plus
Along with working on stimulating engineering challenges, we also offer the following benefits to support our team:
- Competitive salary and equity in the company
- 401k match program
- Health benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits
- Flexible vacation & time-off policy
FarmWise is an equal opportunity employer and expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.