Software Engineer, Product Platform - Catalog (Backend)
United States (Remote) /
Engineering – Engineering - Backend (All Levels) /
Build the world's fastest Identity and Checkout products
Our mission is to make buying online faster, safer and easier for everyone. Fast Login and Fast Checkout enable a one-click sign-in and purchasing experience that makes it easier for people to buy and merchants to sell. The company’s products work on any browser, device or platform to deliver a consistent, stress-free purchasing experience. Fast is entirely consumer-focused and invests heavily in its users’ privacy and data security. Headquartered in San Francisco but open to a globally remote workforce, we are a founders-led, privately held company funded by Stripe, Index Ventures, Susa Ventures and other world-class investors.
Role & Team Summary
The Product Platform Group is responsible for ensuring the mission critical services at Fast can scale and be extensible to enable Fast’s experiences in 2022. The group has teams such as Orders and Catalog that is at the core of powering various Consumer, Seller and Creator experiences. The teams consists of experienced senior and staff backend engineers that are truly motivated in scaling platform services to support hundreds and thousands of simultaneous checkouts. At the same time these teams also play a key role in enabling various customer facing experiences such as checkout, recommendations, buyer dashboard and catalog search.
Our Catalog team is a foundational team that ingests platform and seller catalogs and offers API access to a complete, up to date, highly scalable, low latency and reliable product catalog that enables engineers, product analysts, data scientists and machine learning engineers to provide product features and experiences.
- Develop and simplify code across the stack with a focus on backend utilizing Go (Golang), Java and Python
- Design and improve the code base with scalable & testable code
- Collaborate with product, design and the broader engineering team on features and functionality
- Evaluate product launch related use cases from a technical & customer perspective
- Participate in team meetings covering release and build roadmaps and be an active voice in the discussion
- CS degree or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience as a full-stack software engineer
- Experience utilizing Go in a professional environment
- Experience with distributed systems or microservices
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
Benefits and Perks - Because People Matter
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and demonstrate our values through equitable pay, fantastic benefits, and access to all reasonable accommodations.
See what Fast can offer you:
Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (99% paid by Fast)
Globally remote with flexible work schedules and commuter benefits to fit your needs
Generous maternity & paternity leave for all family caregivers
401k match up to 4%
Competitive Salary & Equity
People-focused, unlimited & flexible paid time off
Inclusive events & programs to allow everyone to express their voice (or dance skills)
Monthly exercise, internet & office equipment stipends (and great snack perks)