Customer Application Engineer
Chicago, IL /
Operations – Engineering /
We believe manufacturing is important not only for what it makes, but for what it makes possible for the world. Manufacturers have an important job to do, and it’s our job to provide them with the technology and expertise they need through the entire production process, from discovery and design to manufacturing and fulfillment.
We're looking for engineers to join our Customer Engineering team. This team is the technical end-to-end owner for our customers, collaborating with Sales in the customer inquiry to order phase, and with Customer Success in the order to fulfillment phase.
We understand imposter syndrome and the confidence gap are real; please apply if you’d be excited to grow into this role and make it your own.
About the Job:
- Act as the technical end-to-end owner for the entire customer order lifecycle - from initial project scoping through manufacturing and fulfillment
- Develop project specifications and feasibility by understanding customer requirements
- Coordinate internal resources to ensure the best of Fast Radius is brought to bear on customer opportunities
- Support Sales team in commercial discussions, and support and drive technical customer discussions
- Own technical troubleshooting of orders, coordinating with internal fulfillment and operations resources, and our Customer Success team to drive optimal outcomes for our customers
- Have experience in mechanical and/or manufacturing engineering, especially in fields of additive manufacturing, milling and turning, sheet metal, or injection molding
- Have served customers first-hand and understand how to translate manufacturing requirements to both technical and non-technical customers and stakeholders
- Are genuinely curious, and excited about learning more about new engineering applications and manufacturing technologies
- Know your way around digital design tools and can leverage technology to do your job efficiently and effectively
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, or other applicable technical fields
Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.