Strategic Sourcing Project Manager (Contract Manufacturing)
Chicago, IL /
Operations – Supply Chain /
Fast Radius is the future of on-demand manufacturing. We make parts, and we make them fast.
In only four years Fast Radius has become a leading manufacturing technology company— we’re the leading provider of additive manufacturing solutions. We’ve built a deep partnership with UPS to ensure our customers are getting their parts as fast as possible.
We’ve created a custom manufacturing supply chain platform; not only can we produce a single 3D printed part but we also deliver volume production via additive manufacturing, injection molding, casting, and CNC machining. In 2018 we were named one of the nine best factories in the world by the World Economic Forum and were awarded US $67 million in venture capital. Join the Fourth Industrial Revolution—join Fast Radius.
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking a Strategic Sourcing Project Manager to support the Supply Chain team. This position will help lead processes between our US headquarters (Chicago) and our network of China based suppliers. This role will help oversee project opportunities from their initiation with the sales team through placing and managing orders with contract manufacturers. Additionally, this position will help identify, implement and support new operational processes to help our contract manufacturing efforts. As we are a fast-growth startup, you will assist in multiple supply chain functions such as requirements gathering from the Sales team, RFQs, supplier negotiations, supplier performance, project management and freight/parcel logistics. This role will be the conduit between our sales team and our supplier network by helping kick-off and monitoring externally sourced orders.
This individual will work closely with both US Sales and Operations teams to ensure contract manufacturers are provided quality project inputs in an efficient manner to drive overall customer satisfaction through product quality and speed of fulfillment. The likely candidate will require experience managing contract manufacturing suppliers in China and have a working technical knowledge and/or hands-on experience in traditional manufacturing processes (injection molding, CNC, sheet metal).
To be successful in this role, he/she will need to be process-minded, able to juggle many projects simultaneously, navigate working with stakeholders in China’s time zone, and a great communicator with both our US teams and Asia based suppliers. A hard working, roll-up your sleeves attitude is must.
Fast Radius is unable to sponsor or transfer visas at this time.
- Identify, implement and support key business processes to drive efficiency in quoting and order fulfillment with China based contract manufacturers
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives with both requirements inputs from Sales and RFQs to suppliers
- Create and monitor supplier dashboards to review supplier performance metrics and scorecards
- Provide project management support with suppliers for all open projects to ensure on-time delivery of projects are met
- Interface with new suppliers to qualify them into our approved partner network
- Analyze drawings, CAD data, parts lists and other technical specifications to determine scope of work, accurate manufacturing cost with lead time minimums
- Provide subject matter expertise to functional partners on capabilities of supplier network
- Conduct supplier negotiations for large opportunities
- Review and calibrate on supplier capacity to ensure orders are being sent to best capable supplier
- Collaborate with team members for best procedures to ensure timely delivery of parts with the highest quality possible
- Partner with quality team to triage quality issues with the supplier
- Support the reverse logistics process for orders that have issues and require rework
- Conduct data analysis on large datasets to provide actionable steps
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated success in a similar position
- Prior experience in: (1) Interfacing with sales team for new opportunities (2) Filtering projects to ensure quality project requirements (3) Managing suppliers to ensure on-time delivery of products (4) Validating a supplier’s design propositions (5) Working with certification and QA/QC processes
- Experience managing contract manufacturing suppliers in China
- Working understanding of different manufacturing processes (injection molding, CNC)Prior experience in managing and optimizing RFQ and order entry workflows
- Understanding of MRP fundamentals is preferred
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to solve problems under pressure
- Highly effective computer skills, with demonstrated knowledge of ERP systems
- Proficiency reading engineering drawings and specifications
- Proficiency with CAD software for reviewing and understanding 3D CAD files
- Proficiency with MS Excel
- Attention to detail and ability to communicate and collaborate with internal teams and customers is a must
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment and communicating with oversea suppliers
Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.