Chicago, IL /
Operations – Manufacturing /
We believe manufacturing is important not only for what it makes, but for what it makes possible for the world. Manufacturers have an important job to do, and it’s our job to provide them with the technology and expertise they need through the entire production process, from discovery and design to manufacturing and fulfillment.
We’re looking for an experienced CNC machinist to build and operate in a fast paced, high mix manufacturing environment. This role is responsible for operating machines, troubleshooting and optimizations on machine, as well as training apprentices. This position will
work in a fast paced, high mix environment, serving a wide array of industries and leveraging a full portfolio of machine types, including 3, 4, and 5 axis milling, and turning with live tooling.
Please apply if you’d be excited to grow into this role and make it your own, even if you don’t check all the boxes below.
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Formal education or apprenticeship preferred
- Experience in lieu of education will be considered
- Experience working with 3-Axis, 4-Axis, and 5-Axis milling
- Experience working with turning centers, including Live Y tooling
- Familiarity with FANUC controls
- Experience with program modification at machine
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve on the fly
- Experience with manual machining equipment and tools
- Deep understanding of GD&T
Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.