Chicago, IL /
Product & Software Engineering – Software Engineering /
We believe manufacturing is important not only for what it makes, but for what it makes possible for the world. Manufacturers have an important job to do, and it’s our job to provide them with the technology and expertise they need through the entire production process, from discovery and design to manufacturing and fulfillment.
About the Role:
Fast Radius is looking for a Software Engineer to help build product and drive growth across a number of exciting initiatives we are taking to transform the way the world thinks about manufacturing. The software you build will accelerate our customer's development cycles and enable new parts/products to be created faster than ever before.
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years experience building production software or web applications focusing on writing clean, well-designed, and scalable code. We use modern tools like: Elixir, Rust, ES6, React, & Webpack
- Ability and desire to work in our collaborative environment: open team room, pair programming, and fluid interactions with all product and operations teams
- Interest in TDD and specific experiences using a test heavy approach to solve problems and create solutions
- Building solutions utilizing an agile approach: close relationships with people outside of our tech team, communicating and digesting real-time feedback, and working smart to build story cards on a daily basis
The stuff we're making possible:
- Internal data capture platform for sensor information from 3D printers
- Automated analysis of 3D models
- Customer focused e-commerce store
- Internal order management system
- Microfactory management software
Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.