3D Manufacturing Technician (Kentucky)
Louisville, KY /
Operations – Manufacturing /
Fast Radius is the leading provider of additive manufacturing solutions, including application discovery, product design and testing, and production-grade manufacturing. From entirely new products uniquely enabled by additive manufacturing to global supply chain solutions leveraging a virtual warehouse, Fast Radius brings the future of manufacturing and the supply chain to its clients. Last year, Fast Radius was recognized as one of the 9 companies best “implementing technologies of the Fourth Industrial Revolution” by the World Economic Forum (WEF)—the only company honored that is based in North America. Fast Radius is headquartered in Chicago, with offices in Atlanta, Ga and Singapore, as well as a production hub on-site at the UPS Worldport facility in Louisville, Ky. Visit www.fastradius.com for additional information.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for both full-time and part-time employees. There are multiple roles open and we’re rapidly growing. Candidates will likely be current students with a willingness to learn and experienced technicians who have a desire to work with cutting edge technology. Part-time roles can lead to full-time openings.
Day-to-day responsibilities include but are not limited to; machine set-up (mixing and filling resin pots), post-processing of parts (including removal from machine, sanding), and final inspection. The job is a great chance to get involved with a new startup that includes a team of smart leaders who are excited about building an incredible company together.
This full-time role requires 40+ hours of work (including overtime options) and the part-time role requires 20+ hours of work (including flexible options to allow time for classwork, internships, etc.)
- Prior FDM (Fused Deposition Modeling) 3D printing or manufacturing experience/knowledge (a plus but not required)
- Appreciation for building and working with materials hands on (required)
- Prior experience using inspection and metrology tools/equipment (preferred, not required)
- Detail oriented and interested in learning more about new manufacturing technologies
- Ready to dive in and work on all things occurring in the production facility any given day
- Flexible timing and able to work independently
- Thrives in a fast pace and adaptable environment
What Fast Radius Will Provide:
- Competitive compensation + bonus structure + 401K plan
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- A fun environment to collaborate with like-minded professionals
- Balance work and life with a generous vacation policy, office holidays and flexible working options
Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.