Senior Back-End Software Engineer
About Fast Radius:
Fast Radius is the leading provider of additive manufacturing solutions, including application discovery, product design and testing, and production-grade manufacturing. From entirely new products uniquely enabled by additive manufacturing to global supply chain solutions leveraging a virtual warehouse, Fast Radius brings the future of manufacturing and the supply chain to its clients. Last year, Fast Radius was recognized as one of the 9 companies best “implementing technologies of the Fourth Industrial Revolution” by the World Economic Forum (WEF)—the only company honored that is based in North America. Fast Radius is headquartered in Chicago, with offices in Atlanta, Singapore, as well as a production hub on-site at the UPS Worldport facility in Louisville. Visit www.fastradius.com for additional information.
Why Software is Important To Us:
Fast Radius is fundamentally a data driven organization. From how we print our parts to how we interact with our clients, we believe that everything we do can be done better if we understand our processes and parts better. In order to achieve that goal we can’t use off the shelf order and part management systems. We know they end up creating data silos and slow you down in the long run. In order to build the manufacturing network of the future we need a custom software platform designed specifically for our company. We need a platform that integrates our sales process with our order tracking processes and finally with our plant so that we can have a complete real time understanding of how our business operates and how each independent process affects the parts we produce. We can’t do that without building our own tools.
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience building software or web applications with object oriented or functional programming languages. Doesn’t matter what language, just a focus on writing clean, well designed and scalable code
- Ability and desire to work in our collaborative environment: open team room, pair programming and fluid interactions with all products and operations teams
- Interest in TDD and specific experiences using a test heavy approach to solve problems and create solutions
- Focus on building solutions utilizing an agile approach: close relationships with people outside of our dev team, communicating and digesting real time feedback, and working smart to build story cards on daily basis
- Competitive salary + bonus + equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401K Plan
- Opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a high-growth business and take on additional responsibilities as you prove yourself and become ready for new challenges
- Engaging challenges to tackle every day with other smart, ambitious, and motivated people
- Balance work and life with an unlimited vacation policy, office holidays, and flexible working options
- 12 weeks paid maternity leave with an option to extend up to 6 months under certain conditions
We’re an equal opportunity employer - we will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic. We’re hiring based on the ability to do the qualifications listed above. We look forward to receiving your application.