Director, Software Engineering
Fast Radius is building the next generation of digitally connected factory centered around additive manufacturing (industrial 3D printing). Our factories produce parts for the aerospace, automotive, and many other fields that were not possible 5 years ago. While our software team makes it possible to produce those parts at scale reliably and repeatedly.
Fast Radius is looking for an experienced engineering leader who has built and led software and product teams. This leader should have a strong track record of building, mentoring, and scaling engineering organizations.
Why Software Is Important To Fast Radius:
Fast Radius is fundamentally a data driven organization. From how we print our parts to how we interact with our customers, we believe that everything we do can be done better if we understand our processes and parts better. In order to achieve that goal we can’t use off the shelf order and part management systems. We know they end up creating data silos and slow you down in the long run. In order to build the manufacturing network of the future we need a custom software platform designed specifically for our company. We need a platform that integrates our sales process with our order tracking processes and finally with our plant so that we can have a complete real time understanding of how our business operates and how each independent process affects the parts we produce. We can’t do that without building our own tools.
What Are Looking For:
This senior leadership position requires excellent organization and technical skills to work cross-functionally with internal and external organizations, and top-notch communication . This is a unique opportunity for a senior professional who enjoys a high level of independence, visibility and responsibility, all within the entirely new technology space of software-enabled, high-volume 3D printing/additive manufacturing.
- Be a critical leadership member of our software development teams as they continue to build and iterate the systems that make our company run.
- Maintain the momentum of a high-performing team that has excelled in building the entirety of a software platform necessary to run a manufacturing company.
- Recruit and manage a world-class software engineering team.
- Oversee product development from concept to mass production and sustaining.
- Scale and aggressively grow the team while providing technical direction, guidance, mentoring and hands-on management.
- Plan for operational efficiency to scale products, programs, practice, and overall team.
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in a software leadership role of at least Senior Manager level.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to see the big picture and executing on overall product strategy, while focused on short-term objectives and deliverables.
- Demonstrated success bringing complex software systems from concept, through development, and into production.
- Ability to multi-task and drive parallel projects with tight deadlines.
- Continue to attract talent of the caliber that will make Fast Radius nearly unrivaled in its achievements relative to its team size.