Director of Sales & Service Factory Operations
Chicago, IL /
Sales & Business Development – Sales /
We believe manufacturing is important not only for what it makes, but for what it makes possible for the world. Manufacturers have an important job to do, and it’s our job to provide them with the technology and expertise they need through the entire production process, from discovery and design to manufacturing and fulfillment. We recently raised our Series B from various investors such as Drive Capital, UPS, and Jump Capital.
We are seeking a Director of Sales to join the Fast Radius team to help scale hyper growth. This person will manage a team of ~10 salespeople who are selling 3D printing/additive capabilities as well as traditional (CNC, Injection Molding, etc.) manufacturing services across all industries (aerospace, automotive, medical, CPG, etc.).
About the Job:
- Ability to coach, develop, and motivate your team of salespeople to become top achievers and future leaders
- Ability to manage a robust deal flow pipeline and have a deep level of familiarity of all current and future pipeline.
- Allocate and drive the right type of resources to that pipeline to convert and effectively close.
- Implement best practices in sales training, planning, and forecasting with a heavy emphasis on data gathering and analytics to drive and support a more effective sales team.
- Support salespeople in all aspects of the sales process and drive team members towards a high level of accountability and focus on KPIs.
- Find innovative ways to improve and increase performance
- Support the business in cross-functional projects to drive organization advancement
- Proven experience leading a team, and mentoring / coaching others effectively
- Bachelor's Degree
- Ability to deliver on a broad portfolio of responsibilities on your own, and ‘figure stuff out’ quickly and effectively
- Can effectively communicate and motivate both external and internal stakeholders, plus the ability to build trust
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated with accountability to follow-through on projects
- Great with numbers, including strong analytical skills
- Excited about building diverse and inclusive teams
- Experience with high-growth cultures
- Minimum of 1 year industry sales experience (3D printing, manufacturing, technology)
Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.