Head of Business Development
Palo Alto, California
Fathom Computing is developing high-performance machine learning computers built to run both training and inference workflows for large-scale neural networks. Because ML computing is largely limited by data transfer, Fathom’s pioneering approach combines the power of CMOS electronics with advantages of optical data movement for performance far beyond what electronics-only computers are capable of. We’ve got a world-class technical team, impressive working prototypes, and seed funding. Now we’re seeking our founding Business Director to help chart the course of this innovative technology.
Areas of contribution:
- Engaging with aspiring customers to understand their needs. Working with the technical team to define product features and capabilities. Market research, customer profiling, developing partnerships with industry leaders (high-performance computing, data centers). Finding new customers in a diverse blue sky field of AI.
- Supporting fundraising, investor outreach.
- Marketing communications strategy, public relations. Including website, messaging, presentations, press releases, arranging speaking opportunities.
- You're enthusiastic about the future of AI and computing, and your excitement is contagious
- You enjoy attending industry events and connecting with others
- Experienced in business development
- Cold introductions are a piece of cake to you
- Your communication is excellent, both written and verbal, and your presentations are engaging.
- You have a highly organized CRM
Would be great to have:
- You have some technical background that helps you understand our technology - be it machine learning, electronics, or optics
- You’re experienced in B2B enterprise sales
- Familiar with data center field
- Expert negotiator
- Strong fundraising experience
You will do well here if:
- You love participating in industry events, speaking on panels, networking
- You’re serious about making the world a better place
We highly encourage submission of a cover letter, just tell us why you're here :)