Architecture Development Engineer - Software
Palo Alto, California or Remote
Fathom Computing is developing high-performance machine learning computers built to run both training and inference workflows for large-scale artificial neural networks (ANNs). As computing is largely limited by data transfer Fathom’s approach combines the power of CMOS electronics with advantages of optical data movement for performance far beyond what electronics-only computers are capable of.
We’re seeking a Hardware Architecture Simulation Engineer with strong first principles approach to computer architecture and simulation. You will collaborate closely with colleagues from other disciplines (e.g. machine learning, optics) to contribute to design and implementation of novel optoelectronic hardware.
Areas of contribution
- Implementing a computer architecture simulation of fathom hardware
- Analyzing the performance of state of the art deep learning models on fathom hardware through simulation
- Guiding the rest of the team by developing a quantitative understanding of the impact of different design decisions and system-wide trade-offs
- BS/MS/PhD, or equivalent experience in CS, EE, or related fields (e.g. statistics, applied math, computational neuroscience)
- Experience in hardware and/or physical simulation
- Proficiency in imperative programming (e.g. python, C++)
- Strong analytical skills (probability, optimization, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate on a complex cross-disciplinary system
- Drive to build something that hasn't been built before
- Experience and understanding of deep learning theory and practice
You'll do well here if...
- You enjoy thoughtful discussions fueled by problem-solving and logic
- You're comfortable both leading and contributing individually
- You're excited about the future of ML hardware
- You enjoy teaching and learning from an interdisciplinary team
We highly encourage submission of a cover letter, just tell us why you're here :)