Palo Alto, California or Remote
Fathom Computing is developing high-performance machine learning computers built to run both training and inference workflows for large-scale neural networks. As ML computing is largely limited by data transfer, Fathom’s approach combines the power of CMOS electronics with advantages of optical data movement for performance far beyond what electronics-only computers are capable of.
Fathom is looking for a mechanical engineer who contribute toward a broad range of areas at Fathom Computing. The ideal candidate will have diverse experiences and interests from optomechanics to thermal design to electronics packaging to system architecture. We seek someone who can really take ownership of mechanical, thermal, and electromechanical systems. We have openings for multiple candidates. The candidate should enjoy working in cross disciplinary teams from machine learning to optics.
You'll do well here if...
- You enjoy thoughtful discussions fueled by problem-solving and logic
- You're comfortable both leading and contributing individually
- You're self-motivated
- You can rapidly adjust to changing requirements when needed, and you thrive in a dynamic environment
- You're organized and able to drive multiple projects forward simultaneously
- You're excited about the future of ML hardware
- You enjoy teaching and learning from an interdisciplinary team
We highly encourage submission of a cover letter, just tell us why you're here :)