VP Business Development
San Francisco /
We’re on a mission to understand and structure the world’s medical data, starting by making sense of the terabytes of clinician notes contained within the electronic health records of the world’s largest health systems.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Develop new partnerships that drive revenue: the healthcare revenue cycle management space is a complex ecosystem, with major opportunities to build and grow a variety of high-value and unique partnerships.
- You will study the market landscape, identify and prioritize partnerships, and develop the relationships and go-to-market (GTM) to turn these into major new channels of growth for Fathom.
- You will work with the rest of the sales, marketing, and product organizations to determine how to prioritize efforts to support both partnership GTM and direct customer GTM.
- Develop major new accounts and build relationships with key stakeholders at large accounts: develop pricing and other proposal details to win new clients. Solicit and respond to RFPs from large prospects.
- Develop new business lines: identify new business opportunities, based on Fathom’s existing technical platform and near-term development capabilities, and perform the market diligence to assist in developing GTM.
- Represent Fathom externally, to build awareness with potential Fathom partners and large prospects.
- Represent Fathom at conferences and other external events; present and be known as a Subject Matter Expert (SME). Build Fathom’s brand with large customer, partners, and other important ecosystem entities. Help tailor messaging to drive partnership growth.
- Build relationships with key industry analysts and thought leaders (e.g., industry consultants, trade organizations), to promulgate Fathom’s messaging.
- Support and/or lead key company building activities.
- Own Fathom M&A strategy and execution. Identify targets, cultivate relationships with acquisition sourcers, such as bankers.
- Support fundraising activities & board meetings on an as-needed basis, e.g., with presentations and/or key presentation materials, statistics, and materials.
- You are outbound focused, comfortable presenting at the C-suite level and leading sales calls and meetings.
- You are willing to do whatever needs to be done to close a sale or partnership. Calls, conferences, hopping on a plane: you’ll make it happen to understand the customer, build strong relationships, and close deals.
- Revenue focused & metrics driven: building partnerships is exciting for you, first and foremost, if and only if it drives material revenue to the business.
- You will own revenue targets.
- Analytical & detail oriented, and able to appropriately communicate that detail to customers and other senior stakeholders.
- You may have an MBA.
- You can build the potentially complex pricing and revenue models needed to support large customers and align incentives with partners. You are comfortable building and communicating messaging which simplifies and sells those proposals.
- You are comfortable leading the business analysis and negotiation of complex customer contracts and pricing agreements, with appropriate support from legal counsel.
- You can successfully lead large proposals, and generate the documentation (RFP responses, supporting materials) needed to win that business.
- A demonstrated track record of success.
- 5+ years of experience in relevant fields: marketing, sales, and/or BD at a high-growth healthcare or tech company, and/or in management consulting, banking, and/or private equity.
- Have owned revenue targets (sales, marketing, BD) previously.
- Startup experience.
- Healthcare experience.
- Experience with corporate M&A.