Product Manager (PM), Machine Learning (ML)
Please note that this position currently requires residency in the U.S.
We’re on a mission to understand and structure the world’s medical data, starting by making sense of the terabytes of clinician notes contained within the electronic health records of the world’s largest health systems.
Fathom is seeking a Product Manager (PM) for Machine Learning (ML) to own the roadmap and process for ongoing evaluation and improvement of our machine-learning systems.
The PM will be expected to, as needed, grow and manage a dedicated ML quality team (both employees and contractors), including any Technical Program Managers and/or outsourced human labeling resources.
You will work closely with the CTO and Engineering Manager, in addition to the entirety of the engineering team and, on occasion, the customer success team, as you respond to and address customer issues as they arise.
As a Product Manager you will:
- Be responsible for driving the core quality loop of a machine-learning based product:
- Analyze outcomes (success versus failure, and why).
- Lead a cost:benefit analysis on options for improvements.
- Own the ongoing roadmap for continued improvements.
- Work with engineering to execute those improvements, including writing detailed, domain-specific specifications.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert in our core domain, Medical Coding.
- Become an expert in how our end-to-end machine-learning-based system works, and how to make it better.
This is a great role if:
- You love working with data.
- You are focused on growing a deep core competency in machine learning and/or healthcare.
- You are excited to build, grow, and support a team.
- You know how to partner closely and efficiently with engineering.
- You are detail and systems oriented.
- Medical coding isn’t rocket science, but it has many rules, is pretty complex, and has many pernicious failure modes.
- You need to be someone who likes tackling complicated systems--both learning the detail, and building up rules and structures to control that complexity.
We’re looking for teammates who bring:
- 2+ years in a technical role, such as as a Software Engineer, Data Scientist, or Product Manager on a technical product.
- Experience working with top-tier technical teams, including negotiating and writing detailed business requirements with an engineering team.
- Experience developing and managing highly data-driven processes, such as quality control processes, machine learning loops, and so forth.
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Technical degree, such as Computer Science.
- Professional experience with machine learning.
- Experience working directly with customers.
- Experience in the healthcare industry.