About Fat Llama
What if owning things was no longer important? What if expensive, niche items could be available to you in seconds? And what if you could generate an extra income from your own belongings? At Fat Llama, we're already bringing about that future. We believe that one day, owning those things we only occasionally need will be as ridiculous as buying a house every time you want to go on holiday.
Our users enjoy on-demand access to anything from high-end cameras to drones to campervans. As a result, they're doing, creating and achieving incredible things every day. Income from rentals is changing the lives of many of our lenders, too - whether it's paying their rent or allowing them to drop corporate jobs and focus on passion projects.
The herd's growing fast, too. Last year we went through Y Combinator and recently announced a $10M raise from amazing investors to superpower our growth and focus on American expansion.
Fat Llama is looking for an engineering leader with the ambition and ability to drive the growth, scaling, and delivery of our products (web and mobile) on a long-term roadmap as it expands globally. This leader will lay the groundwork for our engineering culture, be responsible for growing the team to 100+ engineers, and lead the product teams as they grow the user base into the millions. The VP Engineer will partner closely with the CTO and take ownership of the key questions around feature development and delivery aimed at increasing revenue and user base.
Core Traits of our Engineering Leader
- You lead by example, inspiring the engineering team by setting the tone for work ethic and engineering principles. You understand the value of engineering with a user focus and biasing to action to reach ambitious outcomes.
- You are an effective communicator with a track record of getting engineers to buy into product vision.
- You have at least 10+ years of industry experience, some of which includes hands-on development to build and scale product systems and user base.
- You have scaled and led engineering teams through the early stages of product development to maturity.
- You have strong opinions on effective engineering culture with examples of how you implemented these key principles.
- You have experience identifying and cultivating talent quickly, focused on retaining engineers, and have demonstrated the ability to assess team needs.
- You have built products iteratively using microservices and have experience with AWS.
- You are incredibly outcome-oriented, setting goals based on data-driven metrics to inform decisions about products, technology, and teams.
- You have a Bachelors, Masters or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Build and grow an ambitious engineering team drawn from all over the world.
- Implement and foster the engineering culture based around principles of ownership and user journey.
- Partner with the CTO and CEO to develop technical product strategy.
- Take ownership of the product vision geared towards product-market fit.
- Craft and execute best-in-class product development processes.
- Lead cross-functional product teams to deliver game-changing platform capabilities for lender and borrower users.
- Develop essential and innovative features for web and mobile products.
Other key points
- Role is based in London
- Compensation is highly competitive with salary and equity components
- Applications open Monday January 28, 2019
- Applications close Monday February 25, 2019
Bringing your whole Llama to work
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.