City Launcher - Various Locations (US)
New York, US
About Fat Llama
What if owning things was no longer important? What if expensive, niche items could be available to you in seconds? And what if you could generate an extra income from your own belongings? At Fat Llama, we're already bringing about that future. We believe that one day, owning those things we only occasionally need will be as ridiculous as buying a house every time you want to go on holiday.
Our users enjoy on-demand access to anything from high-end cameras to drones to campervans. As a result, they're doing, creating and achieving incredible things every day. Income from rentals is changing the lives of many of our lenders, too - whether it's paying their rent or allowing them to drop corporate jobs and focus on passion projects.
The herd's growing fast, too. Last year we went through Y Combinator and recently announced a $10M raise from amazing investors to superpower our growth and focus on American expansion.
About The Role
Join the fastest growing rental marketplace in the world and help lead our expansion across the US. You will have tremendous ownership and responsibility, building both sides of our marketplace in new cities and launching operations from the ground up. It takes a mixture of hustle, marketing creativity, analytical problem solving and determination to bring a new city to life. We have big ambitions to grow across the US and we need the best to make it happen. If that's you, come join the Herd!
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Researching consumer trends and competitive landscape in each city.
- Driving user acquisition for both supply and demand (lenders and borrowers) through online and offline channels.
- Sourcing business development opportunities, including B2B and social media partnerships, to generate brand awareness.
- Documenting strategies and tactics for each city and creating Fat Llama's launch playbook.
- Serving as the local manager and jack of all trades for each city, e.g. analyzing data to drive business decisions, obtaining customer feedback to improve product features, identifying and executing city-specific growth initiatives, and coordinating efforts with other city launch teams and central HQ.
- Helping to recruit and onboard a local team to run the city as you transition to lead a new city launch.
- Note: as this role is responsible for launching operations in new cities, it requires extensive travel. Please apply only if you are able and willing to be mobile (travel arrangements to be discussed during the interview process).
WHAT YOU BRING
- You're incredibly ambitious, you don’t fold under pressure and you thrive in a fast-paced environment. You're a hustler who loves to get stuff done.
- You’re naturally data driven and able to support your decisions with good analysis and data-based evidence.
- You're resourceful and can solve tough problems and invent solutions where none appear to exist.
- You take ownership of projects and do whatever it takes to see them through, there is no job too small for you.
- You're well organized and able to effectively prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- You're persuasive and can comfortably network with and influence the key stakeholders in a city.
- You thrive in a multifunctional role: from biz dev and operations to customer support, you can do it all and like wearing many hats.
- Passion for what we do! You are as excited about our mission as we are.
- 3+ years in startups, tech, finance, or consulting. Expansion experience at a high-growth, consumer facing business is a plus.
- Cross-functional experience where you've been responsible for driving strategy as well as day-to-day execution. Ideally you have held positions with leadership/management responsibility.
- Demonstrated sales ability and success at driving user acquisition.
- Degree in business, marketing, entrepreneurship, or similar field. MBA a plus.
Bringing your whole Llama to work
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.