About Fat Llama
What if owning things was no longer important? What if expensive, niche items could be available to you in seconds? And what if you could generate an extra income from your own belongings? At Fat Llama, we're already bringing about that future. We believe that one day, owning those things we only occasionally need will be as ridiculous as buying a house every time you want to go on holiday.
Our users enjoy on-demand access to anything from high-end cameras to drones to campervans. As a result, they're doing, creating and achieving incredible things every day. Income from rentals is changing the lives of many of our lenders, too - whether it's paying their rent or allowing them to drop corporate jobs and focus on passion projects.
The herd's growing fast, too. Last year we went through Y Combinator and recently announced a $10M raise from amazing investors to superpower our growth and focus on American expansion.
What’s the opportunity?
Bolstered by a recent series A and big growth targets, Fat Llama is growing fast, and so is our small product team.
We've built the first version of our product; now we need to steer our product strategy through our next phase of growth. There are a hundred things we could work on, and a talented team of dedicated engineers to build them.
As one of our first product managers, you will be integral to making the right calls that get us to where we need to be. You’ll work closely with founders Chaz, Rosie, and Owen, and the product team to create beautiful, usable, and needle-moving products for our growing group of borrowers and lenders.
You can demonstrate having
- Product management experience, fast-scaling a B2C product (ideally native mobile)
- Led product prioritisation within a cross functional team with demonstrable results
- Worked with and advocated for engineers, designers, and data analysts (bonus: researchers, and content writers)
- Made timely product decisions using research, data, and your great product sense
- Removed inefficiencies in an appropriate process, artefact, or tool
- Bonus: Experience in an early stage businesses and with founding teams
- Bonus: Experience shipping products via the app and play stores
You are the kind of person who
- Is passionately user-centric, encouraging others to consider the end user at all times
- Structures problems clearly and concisely
- Starts with "why" and plans in the context of company objectives
- Formulates a clear and compelling product vision that can inspire an organisation
- Persuades using data over opinions
- Knows how to quickly and efficiently validate hypotheses
- Knows when to be bold and when to be iterative; able to identify valuable "quick wins"
- Thrives in a fast-moving, quickly changing environment
- Adapts with the team as it grows, and loves engaging with people across the business – not all product decisions need to be yours, but conversely sometimes you’ll be making decisions that you wouldn’t expect to have to.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Deeply understanding where our products need to exist in people’s lives, and making that happen
- Product prioritisation across our product suite for users across the UK and US
- Working closely with founders to ensure product strategy matches business needs and vision
- Working daily with our engineers, designers, analysts and wider team to ensure everyone’s aligned and running
- Product metrics on both sides of our marketplace
- Exceptional outwards communication about all things product
- Designing and operating efficient processes to highly align the business
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- Unparalleled responsibility at one of the most exciting young startups in London
- True autonomy - our founders care deeply about product but don’t have domain expertise, so there’s space to run
- Access to great people in our team and from our amazing investors, to help you learn and grow
- A fun and focused office environment, full of friendly people, with zero ego
- A well-located Shoreditch office, with two adorable office dogs running around
If you don’t feel like you fit all of these areas, don’t worry. We are dedicated to the development of our team. Whether you’re an artist or a bricklayer, as long as you’re also a product manager, we’d love to hear from you.
Bringing your whole Llama to work
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.