VP of Product
About Fat Llama
What if owning things was no longer important? What if expensive, niche items could be available to you in seconds? And what if you could generate an extra income from your own belongings? At Fat Llama, we're already bringing about that future. We believe that one day, owning those things we only occasionally need will be as ridiculous as buying a house every time you want to go on holiday.
Our users enjoy on-demand access to anything from high-end cameras to drones to campervans. As a result, they're doing, creating and achieving incredible things every day. Income from rentals is changing the lives of many of our lenders, too - whether it's paying their rent or allowing them to drop corporate jobs and focus on passion projects.
Last year we went through Y Combinator and announced a $10M raise from amazing investors. Now, we are en route for our impending Series B, so we are building the dream team to lead the way through this pivotal stage of growth and expansion. Join the herd!
Fat Llama is at a pivotal point in it's growth as we gear up to our Series B, so we are looking for a product leader to partner with our C-team to guide our development through the next stage of growth. Our VP of Product will play a key part in this process, communicating our product strategy to investors and thinking about the impact that a new round of funding will have on scaling our product and moving it to new markets.
We're looking for someone to move the needle on our product offering. For Fat Llama, this means understanding the value of finding the elusive product market-fit, developing a commercial product strategy, focusing on the essentials of user delight, and respecting the need for building to scale.
Our VP of Product will have high levels of autonomy to define strategy and drive product initiatives, own the product roadmap across our web and mobile, and the opportunity to build and develop a world class product team.
Core Traits and Skills of our Product Leader
- 5+ years of product management experience across multiple platforms including web and mobile.
- Experience working in a B2C marketplace or classifieds company.
- Experience working at an early stage start-up that scaled to 100+ people through several funding rounds.
- Strong intuition for product design, feature prioritisation, and user experience.
- Substantial full product life-cycle experience, from conceptualisation through to optimisation (e.g A/B testing).
- Leads by example, setting the pace, tone, and culture for the product teams.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and manage multiple team.
- Participated in outreach and hiring to build product teams.
- Can demonstrate a strong understanding of software development cycles and processes.
- Effective communicator in English across multiple groups, from engineers to investors.
- Bachelors, Masters or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Highly competitive salary and equity
- Office location in trendy Shoreditch, London
- Team lunches provided two days a week
- 36 days of holiday a year (28 days + Bank holidays)
- Relocation support, worldwide
Applications open: June 1, 2019
Applications close: June 30, 2019
Bringing your whole Llama to work
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.