Operations and Customer Service
Full-time or part-time
About Fat Llama
What if owning things was no longer important? What if expensive, niche items could be available to you in seconds? And what if you could generate an extra income from your own belongings? At Fat Llama, we're already bringing about that future. We believe that one day, owning those things we only occasionally need will be as ridiculous as buying a house every time you want to go on holiday.
Our users enjoy on-demand access to anything from high-end cameras to drones to campervans. As a result, they're doing, creating and achieving incredible things every day. Income from rentals is changing the lives of many of our lenders, too - whether it's paying their rent or allowing them to drop corporate jobs and focus on passion projects.
The herd's growing fast, too. Last year we went through Y Combinator and recently announced a $10M raise from amazing investors to superpower our growth and focus on American expansion.
How can I help?
We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic Operations Managers individuals to join the team immediately. We are looking for Full-Time candidates, with working hours shifts split between UK working hours (8am-4pm) and US working hours (4pm-11pm) through the week. Sometimes required to work weekend shifts. There will be opportunities to rise quickly within the team as we grow, and spend time in our New York office.
- Managing all customer accounts and rentals. This includes everything from making changes to their rentals when requested, assisting them to find suitable items, solving payment problems, providing information and advising on how to structure their account and maximise their earnings.
- Looking for ways to improve the department and propose data-backed improvements.
- Work with the Product team to keep them abreast of product feedback and requirements, as well as real time issues. Helping Product to understand the customer needs and proposing the best way to tackle them.
- Also working with the Product team on internal tools. Helping new tools be rolled out effectively to improve operational processes, and integrate accordingly.
- Maintaining the security of the site by taking each customer through the rigorous verification process. This requires background research, security calls and the ability to make intelligent judgements on a case by case basis.
- Working to set targets to increase conversion rates to raise revenue. Collaborating with the team on how to meet those goals, executing the strategies and reporting back.
- Helping to train new members of the team.
- At least one year experience in an Operations role at a consumer-facing startup.
- At least one year experience in Customer service.
- A degree in business, entrepreneurship, management, or related field.
- Experience designing and giving presentations to stakeholders or team.
- Experience working with excel, tableau, or related tool to analyse data and implement business operations changes.
- You are highly driven, hard-working and very determined.
- You take pride in your work and have a high standard for anything you do.
- Fat Llama is on a journey to be a household name alongside Airbnb and Uber. This ambition is reflected by every member of the team and we all work like crazy for the common goal. A genuine team spirit and enthusiasm for what we are doing is crucial to join us.
- Outstanding people and communications skills.
- Proven experience multitasking, enjoy being busy and thrive under pressure.
- Ability to improvise, use your initiative and act independently if required.
- You will be joining at a critical period of growth for the team. We are currently 13 people but aim to be 60 by the end of the year. This is a unique opportunity to join at an exciting time and help us scale the operations team internationally. There will be opportunities for career progression and to rise to roles of significant responsibility very quickly through this journey should you prove yourself.
- We have a social budget which goes towards a team social event every month. People take it in turns to organise this so it can be anything from dinner and drinks to Go Karting.
- Competitive pay and equity package. The opportunity to get equity in this fast moving company is significant, and is likely to be at least 10 times more valuable within 6 months, and onwards from there.
- Accepting applications from December 14, 2018 to January 11, 2019.
Bringing your whole Llama to work
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.