Senior Operations Manager
Operations and Customer Service
About Fat Llama
What if owning things was no longer important? What if expensive, niche items could be available to you in seconds? And what if you could generate an extra income from your own belongings? At Fat Llama, we're already bringing about that future. We believe that one day, owning those things we only occasionally need will be as ridiculous as buying a house every time you want to go on holiday.
Our users enjoy on-demand access to anything from high-end cameras to drones to campervans. As a result, they're doing, creating and achieving incredible things every day. Income from rentals is changing the lives of many of our lenders, too - whether it's paying their rent or allowing them to drop corporate jobs and focus on passion projects.
The herd's growing fast, too. Last year we went through Y Combinator and recently announced a $10M raise from amazing investors to superpower our growth and focus on American expansion.
How can I help?
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join the team immediately as a Senior Operations Manager. You can choose to cover either UK working hours (8am-4pm) or US working hours (4pm-11pm) ideally with at least some weekend coverage. There will be opportunities to rise quickly within the team as we grow, and spend time in our New York office if you would like.
The role will develop as we expand. Key aspects include:
Operations: A large part of the role is managing the operations to ensure the rentals and payments go through smoothly. This ranges from monitoring customers through our online verification process, managing our payment system, and resolving any hiccups that might occur along the way.
Community: Dealing with inbound questions from new, curious customers. Across our instant chat platform Intercom, emails, and phone calls. Ensuring we continuously improve the quality of support we offer to our users.
Hiring & Training: Working with your team lead to help hire in fantastic Operations Managers, and then help to train and mentor them once they're in.
- You are highly driven, hard-working and very determined
- You take pride in your work and have a high standard for anything you do.
- Fat Llama is on a journey to be a household name alongside Airbnb and Uber. This ambition is reflected by every member of the team and we all work like crazy for the common goal. A genuine team spirit and enthusiasm for what we are doing is crucial to join us.
- Outstanding people and communications skills.
- Proven experience multitasking, enjoy being busy and thrive under pressure.
- Ability to improvise, use your initiative and act independently if required.
- Customer service experience
- Experience managing other team members
- You will be joining at a critical period of growth for the team. We are currently 13 people but aim to be 60 by the end of the year. This is a unique opportunity to join at an exciting time and help us scale the operations team internationally. There will be opportunities for career progression and to rise to roles of significant responsibility very quickly through this journey should you prove yourself.
- We have a social budget which goes towards a team social event every month. People take it in turns to organise this so it can be anything from dinner and drinks to Go Karting.
- Competitive pay and equity package. The opportunity to get equity in this fast moving company is significant, and is likely to be at least 10 times more valuable within 6 months, and onwards from there.
Bringing your whole Llama to work
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.