Category Manager - Growth
About Fat Llama
What if owning things was no longer important? What if expensive, niche items could be available to you in seconds? And what if you could generate an extra income from your own belongings? At Fat Llama, we're already bringing about that future. We believe that one day, owning those things we only occasionally need will be as ridiculous as buying a house every time you want to go on holiday.
Our users enjoy on-demand access to anything from high-end cameras to drones to campervans. As a result, they're doing, creating and achieving incredible things every day. Income from rentals is changing the lives of many of our lenders, too - whether it's paying their rent or allowing them to drop corporate jobs and focus on passion projects.
The herd's growing fast, too. Last year we went through Y Combinator and recently announced a $10M raise from amazing investors to superpower our growth and focus on American expansion.
What you'll do
As a Category Manager you’ll have complete ownership of the operations and growth for an individual category (e.g. transport, music) within the company. That means you need to be ready to grow a category, often from scratch, to be a contributing factor to Fat Llama’s business and future growth.
You'll have a hand in everything from supply building and demand growth to data and reporting. And because we’re expanding internationally, you'll have the opportunity to work on truly global strategies to grow your category.
You should be ready for a big challenge and naturally entrepreneurial, with a strong ability to make strategic decisions — and then see them through to fruition.
- Generating strategic insights and shaping business direction
- Working with budgets to ensure your category is in a sound footing
- Building supply and demand through growth tactics and strategies
- Work with performance marketing to launch multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Build awareness for your category through PR, Comms and Affiliate Marketing
- Work closely with Product to improve UX and build out separate product functionalities specific to your category
- Reporting and analytics by using SQL, dash-boarding tools and excel
Bringing your whole Llama to work
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.