About Fat Llama
What if owning things was no longer important? What if expensive, niche items could be available to you in seconds? And what if you could generate an extra income from your own belongings? At Fat Llama, we're already bringing about that future. We believe that one day, owning those things we only occasionally need will be as ridiculous as buying a house every time you want to go on holiday.
Our users enjoy on-demand access to anything from high-end cameras to drones to campervans. As a result, they're doing, creating and achieving incredible things every day. Income from rentals is changing the lives of many of our lenders, too - whether it's paying their rent or allowing them to drop corporate jobs and focus on passion projects.
Last year we went through Y Combinator and announced a $10M raise from amazing investors. Now, we are en route for our impending Series B, so we are building the dream team to lead the way through this pivotal stage of growth and expansion. Join the herd!
Technology is at the heart of everything we do at Fat Llama, allowing us to solve a problem that has never been solved before. Our whole team gets a say in the product & tech roadmap, and our engineering team takes pride in writing, testing and deploying new features on a daily basis.
As an engineer at Fat Llama, you’ll be responsible for crafting, building and running the software which underpins our marketplace. We’re looking for somebody that can deliver solid engineering whilst moving at the same speed as our constantly growing business. You should also be excited about helping shape the direction and culture of our engineering team going forward.
Are you excited by the prospect of learning new technologies? In a rapidly changing and growing startup, you’ll be required to wear many different hats. Whether it be designing scalable systems, building tools to help our Operations team keep the business running, or slicing and dicing data for our analytics dashboards, you should welcome the challenge. You should thrive in a constantly changing environment and enjoy learning new things at a fast pace.
Our team takes pride in owning our work truly end-to-end. We’re looking for people who can plan, experiment, build, test, deploy, measure and iterate before calling it done. As a small team, we try and build on the shoulders of giants, which means that you’ll often find us working with the latest and greatest technologies.
- Have at least one year of professional work experience in the software industry.
- Have an understanding of at least two programming languages or paradigms.
- Are familiar with building web services and APIs.
- Experience building distributed systems or microservices.
- Experience working with and launching cloud based services.
- Experience in writing tests for your code.
- Android, iOS or React Native work under your belt.
- Have experience working in collaborate teams.
- Love writing clean, elegant code that other people can read.
- Take pride in your fastidious approach to testing your code.
- Strong problem-solving ability and resourcefulness.
- Have a real passion for user experience. Every. Llama. Counts.
- Position open in London
- Salary competitive
- Applications open: May 1 , 2019
- Applications close: June 1, 2019
Applicants with more experience may want to consider applying for our senior software engineer role.
Bringing your whole Llama to work
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.