Part Time Slime & Experience Technician - Slime City
Florida Operations & Show Support – Nickelodeon Slime City Experience
Part Time Temporary
Nickelodeon Slime City is an exciting, interactive walk-through experience that brings to life the iconic green slime we all grew up watching on television. Feld Entertainment, the global leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment, is proud to partner with Nickelodeon in this exciting new venture that will be sure to lift the human spirit and create indelible memories.
The Part Time Slime Technician will be responsible for maintaining all slime components, and slime product used for Nickelodeon Slime City. In addition, ensure the proper functioning and presentation of A/V equipment, sets, props, and backdrops. Ideal candidate will be proficient in A/V equipment, inventory management of slime product, and able to refurbish scenic elements as needed. The Slime & Experience Technician will ensure that all work is produced to the highest quality, speed, and economic efficiency with regard to health, safety, and security policies.
This position will be temporary in duration.
*A resume is required to be considered for this position.
Essential Job Functions
- Effectively and efficiently manage all necessary Experience maintenance and repair projects to maintain the highest level of quality. Includes painting, sewing and carpentry.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining supplies for all scenic elements.
- Responsible for maintenance and cleaning all slime elements with appropriate products.
- Responsible for ordering, receiving, and maintaining adequate levels of slime product. “Cutting” slime. Coordinating disposal of used slime. Supplying slime to designated areas of experience.
- Collaborate with support staff in regard to the planning and successful execution of events.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service, maintaining a positive attitude towards Guests, Co-Workers, and the Management Team.
- Presentation must be kept neat, clean, and visually appealing to all the guests.
- Team Members are expected to uphold cleanliness in the Experience and at specific work location.
- Responsible for following rules, regulations and guidelines set forth by “Feld Entertainment, Inc.” best practices as they pertain to the Experience.
- Must have basic knowledge of Nickelodeon brand.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience with A/V equipment, inventory of supplies, carpentry, and painting.
- Prior work experience in Amusement Parks, Theatre, Live Event, Warehouse, Museum, and/or scenic shop preferred, but not required.
- Experience and skill in various types of scenic construction: wood, metal, plastics, paints, etc.
- Must have the knowledge of all tools used in a scene shop, including power tools and the ability to use them properly.
- Knowledge of various paint techniques, mediums, and applications.
- Knowledge of A/V equipment.
- Ability to operate pallet-jack.
- Ability to read and understand shop drawings, calculate, and order materials.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and lift. May require the use of a ladder.
- Physically able to manage lifting/moving up to 50lbs or more.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize duties for effective and successful events.
- Availability to work extended hours, holidays and weekends dependent upon business demands.
- Must be dedicated, reliable, and punctual.
- Demonstrate positive and professional behavior towards clients and co-workers at all times.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently and be a team player.
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.