San Francisco, CA
Strategy – Category Management /
Fellow began as a Kickstarter campaign and has grown into a global brand with distributors and customers in more than 50 countries. We bring the specialty coffee experience to people's homes via beautifully designed coffee ware that marries form and function. We currently have a small, passionate, and committed team that loves to see coffee tools come to life.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Demand Planning Manager to join our team. This role will report to the VP, Marketing and Category. The Demand Planner will play a pivotal role in ensuring that our company meets customer demand efficiently and effectively while optimizing inventory levels and supply chain performance. The successful candidate will be responsible for forecasting, demand analysis, and collaborating closely with cross-functional teams to create accurate demand plans that support our company's growth and customer satisfaction goals.
The Demand Planner will accomplish all of this while living out Fellowship Thinking, our leadership principles:
Fellowship Thinking centers our customers, always.
Fellowship Thinking views all goals as shared.
Fellowship Thinking never stops improving.
Fellowship Thinking says “yes, if”.
Fellowship Thinking deliberately seeks equity.
This role is based in our office in San Francisco, CA and is required to be in-office 2 days per week.
- Demand Forecasting: Develop and maintain a robust demand forecasting process, incorporating historical trends, sell-through data, market insights, and customer inputs to generate accurate and timely demand forecasts. Your challenge will be to translate top-line growth targets and expectations to a SKU-level forecast to drive the supply planning process.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with Sales, Category Management and Marketing teams to gather market insights, customer feedback, and promotional plans to incorporate into demand forecasts. Form relationships with retailer customers and distributors to collaborate on jointly owned demand forecasts. Collaborate with the Financial Planning & Analysis team on Financial projections.
- Technology Ownership: Establish the “demand planning tech stack” required to run an efficient, accurate, well-documented and effectively disseminated process. Become the company’s power user.
- Supply Chain Coordination: Work closely with Supply Chain and Production teams to ensure demand plans align with product launch timing, production schedules and capacity constraints.
- Data Analysis: Utilize data analytics and forecasting tools to analyze demand patterns, identify anomalies, and make data-driven recommendations for improvements.
- Lead S&OP Meetings: Lead Demand Review meetings with key stakeholders as part of the broader Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process. Participate in other (S&OP) meetings to communicate demand forecasts, inventory status, and potential issues to senior management. Propose and lead overstock/obsolete inventory sell-down plans.
- Performance Metrics: Establish and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) related to demand planning, inventory turns, and forecast accuracy, and drive continuous improvement.
- New Product Introduction: Develop demand plans for new product launches and work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure a smooth introduction to the market.
- Team Guidance: Serve as a subject matter expert, educating channel owners (e.g. wholesale, direct-to-consumer) on forecasting best practices.
- 3+ of experience in demand planning or a related role, with a proven track record of success.
- Proficiency in demand forecasting tools and ERP systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent internal communication skills and executive presence; ability to work with all functional areas of the business, from go-to-market teams to engineering and operations.
- Excellent external communication skills to collaborate effectively with retail customers and distributor partners.
- Knowledge of the consumer goods industry is a plus.
- Competitive compensation including employee equity plan
- Generous paid time off plan
- 401k with company contribution after 6 months of employment
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Better Yourself Wellness credit & Better Your Community donation matching
- Generous discount on Fellow products
- Best coffee anywhere
$90,000 - $145,000 a year