San Francisco, CA
Marketing – Creative /
Fellow began as a Kickstarter campaign and has grown into a global brand with distributors and customers in more than 50 countries. We bring the specialty coffee experience to people's homes via beautifully designed coffee ware that marries form and function. We currently have a small, passionate, and committed team that loves to see coffee tools come to life.
We’re looking for a Swiss Army knife Art Director who loves creative storytelling and working with consumer and electronic goods. You will report to the Senior Creative Lead and will play a critical role in the strategy, ideation, and design of Fellow’s creative work. The ideal candidate can navigate between conceptual, high-level thinking and execution, creating compelling and well-designed work that expands across all marketing channels. You are equal parts autonomous creative and group collaborator. You’ll join our small and mighty creative marketing team and collaborate to help produce all visual communications for the brand.
- Taking a creative brief and developing multiple creative concepts around product launches, seasonal campaigns, and brand-level storytelling.
- Create beautiful and functional visual communication through strategic processes, strong typography, clear hierarchy, and compelling design, for all brand applications including but not limited to: web product launches, marketing campaigns, packaging, wholesale materials, seasonal retail graphics, and on-going evergreen brand improvements.
- Comfortable designing for all a wide range of digital and print mediums while being open and excited to how to design for new ones.
- Uphold the brand identity and product representation, while always pushing the brand forward, no matter the medium.
- Support the Senior Creative Lead to lead mid-level designers and freelancers across all initiatives by leading projects, and reviewing and providing clear feedback.
- Able to articulate and sell big ideas to senior leadership across the organization.
- Collaborate with designers, copywriters, photographers, videographers, animators, and cross-functional teams to craft campaigns. You should be comfortable sharing and receiving thoughtful feedback from everyone you work with.
- Help our budding design team develop new tools and processes for success, e.g. style guides, scalable design solutions and systems. Address both product and business goals by creating user-centric design solutions while maintaining momentum through unknowns.
- Multi-task on multiple design projects at once that require both conceptual and functional thinking. React quickly to new information, opinions, and direction to strategically pivot when necessary.
- 6+ years of relevant Design/Art Direction experience (preferably some in-house experience)Experience concepting and executing 360 marketing campaigns — Able to carry a core campaign idea across multiple touchpoints that include video production, photography, website design, ads (TV, banners, sponsored social, etc.), email, out-of-home, print, and experiential.
- Proficient in all common design software such as Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Experienced with video/photo production: storyboarding, building pre-production decks, directing on set in smaller productions, and guiding video edits / retouching briefs.
- Experience designing and directing web landing pages, digital advertising, packaging, and more.
- Curious and passionate about design — with a keen awareness of the evolving landscape of available tools, technologies, resources, and trends.
- Strong communicator that is able to articulate ideas in a clear manner and provide and receive clear productive feedback.
- Working knowledge of Google Docs/Sheets/Slides for presentations.
- Nice to have: animation/motion experience
- Competitive compensation including employee equity plan
- Generous paid time off plan
- 401k with company contribution after 6 months of employment
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Better Yourself Wellness credit & Better Your Community donation matching
- Generous discount on Fellow products
- Best coffee anywhere
$100,000 - $155,000 a year
Our highest goal at Fellow is creating a safe, inclusive, and rewarding environment where everyone can bring their whole selves to work and thrive. We are committed to building diverse teams and strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
Fellow is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.