Fern Health is pioneering digital care for people with musculoskeletal (MSK) pain - helping them avoid surgeries, return to work, and get back to doing the things they love.
Want to join a team of engineers, product managers, data scientists, and clinicians building out innovative digital healthcare solutions with the latest technologies? Love to geek out on human-centered design, behavior change, data science, and healthcare? If you answered yes to all of the above, you should join our fast growing team at Fern!
About the Role
We are looking for a seasoned Cloud and Data Engineer with several years of experience working on Amazon Web Services configuring managed services like EC2, S3, Cloudfront, Code Deploy and Lambda as well as building out data warehouses with several open source and managed data services.
This role will give you the opportunity to...
- Take a lead role in building out our new cloud platform
- Design, build and scale data warehouses on a range of technologies to drive our analytics and data science capabilities
- Deploy security and access controls ensure exceptionally high security standards across our platforms and services
- Work alongside our software engineering teams to establish a best-of breed continuous integration and deployment framework
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
To be successful in this role, we'd expect you to...
- Have several years experience working on Amazon Web Services configuring services like EC2, S3, Code Deploy and Lambda
- Be highly capable in SQL and related database technologies
- Be a strong proponent of the “Infrastructure-as-code” approach to cloud deployment
- Be highly communicative and go out of your way to contribute to the team and help others
We’d love to talk more if you have...
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 4+ years of working experience with Amazon Web Services with particular focus on EC2, S3, Cloudfront, Cloudformation, Lambda and DynamoDB
- 2+ years of experience in a dev ops or data engineering role
- Experience building out continuous integration and deployment pipelines with tools like GitLab, Bitrise and Postman
- Strong documentation and design skills
- Strong understanding of Software Development Lifecycle workflow
Extra points for...
- Experience with BI tools like MixPanel and Tableau
- Strong exposure and working knowledge of Snowflake Data Warehouse
- Experience with healthcare technology and HIPAA compliance on AWS
Generous benefits, including:
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401K match
- Gym reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you. No recruiters, please.