New York, NY /
Fern Health is pioneering digital care for people with musculoskeletal (MSK) pain - helping them avoid surgeries, return to work, and get back to doing the things they love.
Want to collaborate with engineers, product managers, data scientists, and clinicians developing innovative digital healthcare solutions using cutting-edge technology? Love to geek out on data visualization & storytelling? If you answered “Yes” to all of the above, you should join our fast-growing team at Fern!
We are looking for a mission-driven Data Analyst to join our growing Data Science team and help us translate healthcare data into insights. This role will provide data-driven insight across multiple disciplines to help answer key questions, define and track critical business metrics, and communicate findings to enable data-driven decision making.
As a Data Analyst, you will ...
- Work alongside some of the most talented technologists out there as part of a tight, high-performing team of product designers, engineers, data scientists, and clinicians.
- Dive deep into our growing database to produce analyses for the Product, Clinical, and Marketing teams and report key findings.
- Troubleshoot issues and provide support for analytics data sources and tools.
- Create dynamic and interactive reports or dashboards for internal and external use.
- Maintain comprehensive and up-to-date documentation, and ensure proper data governance.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand analytics needs, set priorities, and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
We’d love to talk more if you have…
- A BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or related field
- Minimum two years of experience as a Data Analyst or similar role
- Experience using SQL to query multidimensional and complex datasets from data warehouses (e.g. AWS Redshift, Snowflake, PostgreSQL, Google BigQuery)
- A deep understanding of data visualization techniques and appropriate use cases
- Proficiency with statistical testing, modeling, and analysis using Python/R
- Experience providing self-service analytics using BI/data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, Power BI)
- A methodical approach to solving problems with excellent attention to detail
Bonus points for...
- Work or internship experience at a technology company
- Experience using Business Intelligence tools (eg. Looker)
- Experience with predictive analytics and machine learning
- Familiarity with behavioral analytics tools (e.g. Mixpanel, Amplitude, Google Analytics)
- Familiarity with data ingest and ETL pipelines (AWS Lambda, Snowpipe, Snowplow)