Senior IOS Engineer
Fern Health is pioneering digital care for people with musculoskeletal (MSK) pain - helping them avoid surgeries, return to work, and get back to doing the things they love.
Want to join a team of engineers, product managers, data scientists, and clinicians building out innovative digital healthcare solutions with the latest technologies? Love to geek out on human-centered design, behavior change, data science, and healthcare? If you answered yes to all of the above, you should join our fast growing team at Fern!
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior iOS developer with experience shipping polished production apps. The perfect candidate will be well versed in Swift, Objective-C, UIKit, Programmatic UI as well being comfortable jumping straight into a busy engineering environment from day 1.
This role will give you the opportunity to...
- Take a lead role in how IOS development is managed at Fern Health
- Design and build advanced applications for the iOS platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Establish a best-of breed continuous integration and deployment framework across a complex IOS product ecosystem
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Investigate any bugs and improve application performance where required
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
To be successful in this role, we'd expect you to...
- Have several years experience developing at least one live iOS application within a software engineering team environment
- Be very comfortable with programmatic UI development on Swift
- Be up to date with latest iOS features (and excited about upcoming features)
- Be comfortable enough with the IOS code-set to be a very productive contributor across the engineering team with the enthusiasm to regularly investigate new frameworks and approaches
- Be highly communicative and go out of your way to contribute to the team and help others
We’d love to talk more if you have...
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 4+ years of working experience in software development
- 2+ years of experience in iOS development using Swift and bridging headers
- 1-2 years of experience working with programmatic UIs in Swift
- Experience with using auto layout or UI stacks
- Experience working with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics and Core Text
- Excellent coding hygiene and project structuring skills
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
Extra points for...
- Experience with ARKit, Computer Vision and Machine Learning
- Experience in a distributed, scaled agile team using Kanban or Scrum
- Experience with healthcare technology
Generous benefits, including:
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401K match
- Gym reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you. No recruiters, please.