Social Media + Content Manager
New York, New York /
Our team and daily operations are powered by fun, knowledge, integrity, inclusivity, achievement, and teamwork. Through our core values, we achieve our milestones and help our clients do the same. If this sounds like a statement you can embrace, keep reading! Fhitting Room specializes in functional High Intensity Training + Strength classes and has almost a decade of operating experience as a leader in talent development, programming, client engagement / community building, and sophisticated, data-driven marketing. We are entering an exciting period of high velocity growth and need a talented, results-oriented Social Media + Content Manager to help drive our brand forward.
The Social Media + Content Manager is responsible for conceptualizing, creating, and posting content across all the Fhitting Room social platforms, blog and email communications. Are you a social media and creative superstar? Are your levels of engagement off-the-charts amazing? Are you a committed, proactive, and positive person? Do you love working as part of an amazing team? The Social Media + Content Manager reports directly to the Chief Brand Officer and will work with him on a regular basis regarding content schedule, social strategy + analytics, trends and audience growth.
Here's what you'll do:
- Create, curate, and manage all published content for Fhitting Room's social media channels and FHITlife blog.
- Create compelling content using a combination of photography, video and copy using apps like Ripple, Splice, Mojo, or other creative software.
- Partner with trainers, clients, and the extended Fhitting Room team to develop and curate compelling and storytelling initiatives.
- Maintain and enhance Fhitting Room's visual identity and brand voice.
- Own social media tracking and analysis of the social media KPIs (determination of paid support, analytics and optimization) and expert on the latest tools, trends, features, and algorithms
- Synthesize and share social media insights and implement learnings to optimize visuals and copy.
- Be an expert on the latest social tools and algorithms.
- Lead copywriting for broader marketing communications including newsletters, emails and digital campaigns (maintain an SEO-driven editorial calendar to drive web traffic).
- Reflect, but evolve, the unique brand voice Fhitting Room has established.
- Think creatively and develop new strategies to grow our following/community and continually drive new client acquisition.
- Build and nurture relationships with influencers, brands, and partners.
- Expand our presence to emerging platforms.
- Manage and maintain our social communities, providing a premium and motivational experience to increase engagement, foster connection and maintain a positive sentiment for the Fhitting Room Brand.
- Celebrate Fhitting Room's deep sense of community by sharing and celebrating clients love of the brand, our workouts, our FHITpros and their connection to the broader FHIT Family.
- Monitor and thoughtfully respond to inbound social media messages.
- Work with Fhitting Room's business team and FHITpros (trainers) to provide insights and feedback about their respective followers. (
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the business and proactively utilize social channels to drive business results, such as class enrollment.
- Monitor competitive and industry updates within the social landscape and share with key stakeholders.
- Support the broader Marketing team as needed through amplification of and project management of marketing campaigns.
Here’s what our ideal candidate’s skills and experience reflect:
- Minimum of 4 years’ social media and content creation experience at an agency or brand.
- Strong skills in the creation and curation of content across channels, performance tracking, online engagement and project management.
- Ability to take social-worthy photographs and create social-ready video clips (leveraging Ripple, Splice, Mojo, or other creative software).
- Track record of innovation and success in the social space and conviction for the role that social can play in overall marketing + content strategy.
- Fluent in the best practices of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, and YouTube, as demonstrated by your portfolio of work.
- Deep familiarity with social media audiences, best practices, and analytics.
- Stellar planning, organizational and time-management skills, with strong attention to detail, prioritization and process.
- Working knowledge of HTML, email marketing, and web publishing through WordPress.
- Experience with basic graphic design such as PhotoShop, Canva, or Illustrator.
- Meticulous attention to proofreading and copy editing.
- Knowledge of meaningful SEO, web traffic, and social platform metrics.
- Excellent communication skills and collaboration (with cross-functional and senior executives).
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and perform at the highest levels under stress and tight deadlines in a start-up environment, characterized by a rapid pace and change.
- Ability to work a demanding schedule, including evening and weekend hours as needed.
- Energy, curiosity, initiative and a frenzy of creative ideas.
- Passion for fitness and boutique brands is a must.
- A love for the Fhitting Room brand is a plus.
If this sounds like your dream job, we'd love to review your resume, cover letter, and portfolio.