Strategic Finance Associate
New York, NY /
Full Time / On Site
Who is Fi?
Fi is rethinking the relationship between dogs and humans. We build products for your dog to live a longer, better life. We are full of experienced, passionate people that have built and shipped outstanding products for Nest, Square, Google and Uber who all care about their dogs. Together, we're bringing a digital revolution to the dog space.
Today's dog industry is a relic from the 80s. We are using technology to improve dog's life and make the 100 million dogs in the US live longer. Dogs' life expectancy hasn't improved in decades - we are here to change this. We are keeping dogs safe by allowing owners to keep track of their whereabouts. We are keeping dogs healthy by showing owners how much they should exercise and keep them accountable. We also monitor health patterns like sleep and overall balance of activity versus resting patterns.
The hardest part about being a dog owner is they can't tell you when something is wrong. Fi aims to change that; We're looking for people to join us who love a good challenge—and of course, dogs. We set the bar high at Fi. In our world, "impossible" means "let me find a way".
If you feel like you belong, keep reading!
Fi is looking for a Strategic Finance Associate!
- Fi is looking for an exceptional individual to join our team as a Strategic Finance Associate to provide ongoing strategic and analytical insights, support investor communications, and drive ROI positive projects with senior management as our company scales.
- The Strategic Financial Associate will be the second hire for this team. You will play a crucial role in providing business leaders at Fi with tools and data to help make decisions regarding the direction of the company as we (hyper)grow our existing business and explore new channels.
- The ideal candidate is a creative and persistent self-starter who gets excited about extrapolating from complex data sets and contributing innovative ideas. You embrace ambiguity, are meticulous about the details, and are an incredible performer but also humble and a joy to work with. You’re looking to join a hardworking team where you can translate your passion for finance into real-world results and be part of a rapidly growing company backed by world class investors.
- Building out and maintaining our sales forecasts, financial model, and unit economics analyses to guide executive decision making
- Working with our data analytics team to understand and report business KPIs and drivers of consumer behavior
- Preparing management and investor reporting
- Liaising with Accounting to ensure financial alignment and divisional clarity
- Ad Hoc: Partnering closely with Fi’s executive team to (1) understand and implement various company initiatives, (2) invest in our biggest ROI-positive opportunities, and (3) create a path to scale
- 1-3 years of experience in investment banking, consulting, venture capital, private equity, or an equivalent program
- Financial modeling guru: Understands and can work with 3 statement financial forecast models, able to navigate Excel without a mouse.
- Knowledge of ROI, LTV to CAC, GAAP, Tableau, SQL, and VBA highly appreciated.
- Strategic thinking: Ability to think ahead, balance numerous and separate goals at once, bring rigor and structure to complex and dynamic situations. Ability to work across functions in the organization: Capable of synthesizing disparate data from daily operations to create a platform for decision making
- Empathetic and accessible: Appreciate and admire the various talents of your diverse colleagues, and aim to both learn from and encourage their success through your analytical and organizational strengths
- Belief that if you’re not measuring it, you can’t influence it
$75,000 - $120,000 a year
The anticipated base salary for this position is $75,000 - $120,000 . The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held. This position is also eligible for equity compensation.
Fi is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Fi makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and our needs at the time.