Staff Data Engineer
United States /
Full Time / On site or Remote
Who is Fi?
Fi is rethinking the relationship between dogs and humans. We build products for your dog to live a longer, better life. We are full of experienced, passionate people that have built and shipped outstanding products for Nest, Square, Google and Uber who all care about their dogs. Together, we're bringing a digital revolution to the dog space.
Today's dog industry is a relic from the 80s. We are using technology to improve dog's life and make the 100 million dogs in the US live longer. Dogs' life expectancy hasn't improved in decades - we are here to change this. We are keeping dogs safe by allowing owners to keep track of their whereabouts. We are keeping dogs healthy by showing owners how much they should exercise and keep them accountable. We also monitor health patterns like sleep and overall balance of activity versus resting patterns.
The hardest part about being a dog owner is they can't tell you when something is wrong. Fi aims to change that; We're looking for people to join us who love a good challenge—and of course, dogs. We set the bar high at Fi. In our world, "impossible" means "let me find a way".
If you feel like you belong, keep reading!
Fi is looking for a Staff Data Engineer!
- Collaborate on the design of the data infrastructure and take ownership of its execution
- Develop high-scale, robust data warehouses and/or data lakes from scratch, with a special focus on the state-of-the-art solutions for wearable technology
- Design, build and launch new data quality, data extraction, transformation and loading processes (ETL/ELT)
- Work hand-in-hand with Machine Learning team to develop data pipelines for batch and real time inference models
- Interfacing with research teams to understand data needs, and providing subject matter expertise to research teams, and other team members about the data models, query optimizations, and schema interpretation.
- Minimum 4+ years of professional data engineering experience
- Expert at Python and SQL
- Experience with AWS (or similar), PySpark, dbt
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities with colleagues, business partners, and vendors alike
Nice to haves:
- Previously worked for a fast-paced start-up
- You have experience building data solutions from the ground up
- Domain knowledge of wearable tech and/or signal processing
- Experience with: Redshift, Kafka, AWS Glue, AWS Kinesis, Databricks
- Experience with data lake/lakehouse architecture
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited Vacation
- Commuter Benefits
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- Fully Stocked Kitchen
- Team Lunches
- Perkspot Discounts
- $2,000 / month donated to dog-related charities (it's our #Barkback program)
$170,000 - $210,000 a year
The anticipated base salary for this position is $170,000 - $210,000 . The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held. This position is also eligible for equity compensation.
Fi is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Fi makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and our needs at the time.