San Francisco, CA
We support a community that includes some of the most talented people on the planet. You’ll design for hardware engineers who are literally building the future today (think autonomous vehicles, spaceships, next-gen medical devices). You’ll partner with some of the most skilled manufacturers who produce the seemingly impossible. You’ll collaborate with an amazing team of engineers, scientists, and artists who are passionate about democratizing hardware development.
For decades, these innovators have had to endure long feedback cycles and high upfront costs to bring their products to market. Our system drastically reduces that time and cost, allowing hardware engineers to experiment faster and with better outcomes. As a Software Engineer, you will play a critical role in shaping this system to become the de facto standard platform for hardware development.
What’s in it for you?
Small team, big impact
Our team is small and agile; as a core member, we will look to you for opinions and contributions that shape our engineering direction, product development practices, team culture, and Fictiv organization as a whole.
Our customers work on products that push technological boundaries – from self-driving cars to low-cost water purification systems. They inspire us to develop systems to move faster, build a higher quality product, and shape the future of manufacturing.
Change an industry
We have a big vision for what manufacturing should be, and we are determined to make that vision real. You’ll be working with smart, mission-driven teammates to create significant change in the industry.
What You'll Be Doing
- Work with a cross-functional team to design and build an incredible software experience that our customers love
- Develop a highly reliable, distributed, easily updatable system that can be configured to customer needs
- Improve product development process to achieve high tempo and high reliability.
- You enjoy rapid software development, and can quickly build well-design, maintainable, and bug free features
- You’re a learner, you love getting feedback on design patterns and better approaches to building great software
- Willing to work outside of your comfort zone in any part of the software stack, and excited to dive deep in new areas as the needs of the business change
- You have an interest in how manufacturing works and the needs of our builders and manufacturing partners
- You love solving real world problems and getting positive (or constructive) feedback from customers
About Fictiv (www.fictiv.com)
Fictiv is transforming how teams design, develop and deliver the next generation of hardware products.
Fictiv is a manufacturing platform and the most efficient way to fabricate parts. Powered by a distributed network of highly vetted vendors, Fictiv provides the critical infrastructure teams need to streamline prototyping and accelerate development cycles. The online interface makes it easy for customers to get instant quotes, review manufacturing feedback, and manage orders—all through a single service.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.