Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Our software platform is at the core of what we do at Fictiv. Through software, we are building the future of manufacturing―supporting engineers, designers, and fabricators in some of the most cutting-edge industries on the planet. Our customers design and build things like autonomous cars, spaceships, and surgical robots.
As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, you are the foundational support for our platform. Not only do you operationalize and support the systems which run our Platform, but you anticipate and architect these systems for cost and scale.
What’s in it for you?
Small team, big impact
Our team is small; as a core member, you will be building not just foundational systems, but also establishing best practices alongside our development team. As a platform built on trust and speed, your role is critical to improving efficiency, automation, and security.
Our customers work on products that push technological boundaries – from self-driving cars to low-cost water purification systems. They inspire us to develop systems to move faster, build higher quality product, and shape the future of manufacturing.
Change an industry
We have a big vision for what manufacturing should be, and we are determined to make that vision real. You’ll be working with smart, mission-driven teammates to create significant change in this industry.
What you’ll be doing
- Leveraging automation to scale Fictiv’s infrastructure as we grow into a multi-regional global company
- Bring best practices to the team around incident management, traceability, observability, and system security
- Evaluating and implementing tools to improve efficiency, reliability, and security
- Reviewing architecture and designs to improve operational visibility and maintainability
- Experienced engineer with the ability to be hands-on, both in building infrastructure and debugging systems. Comfortable with designing and scaling event-driven systems
- Engages with colleagues to promote best practices on reliability, incident response, and security. Understands how to enact changes through influence as well as authority
- Available for shared on-call responsibility with other engineers (including developers) to meet SLA requirements for uptime
About Fictiv (www.fictiv.com)
Fictiv is transforming how teams design, develop and deliver the next generation of hardware products.
Fictiv is a manufacturing platform and the most efficient way to fabricate parts. Powered by a distributed network of highly vetted vendors, Fictiv provides the critical infrastructure teams need to streamline prototyping and accelerate development cycles. The online interface makes it easy for customers to get instant quotes, review manufacturing feedback, and manage orders—all through a single service.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.