Product Manager, Partner Platform
San Francisco, CA
The Fictiv platform team is building the core of Fictiv. We use software to match engineers with the machine shops and manufacturing capabilities that bring their products to life. We have built trusted partnerships with our manufacturers to bring them a stable stream of revenue that helps grow their business.
As a product manager, you define and deliver the Fictiv platform to engage with our manufacturing partners. The product you build will connect these talented machinists with the latest, innovative products and make it easier and simpler for them to build their business.
What’s in it for you?
Change the way physical products are made
As a Product Manager, you know how difficult it is to develop products with long release cycles. This is the norm in hardware development today. With Fictiv, we use software to build prototypes faster, get more actionable feedback, and transfer those learning direction to production manufacturing. You will have a direct role in shaping our product and the manufacturing industry.
Work with inspiring manufacturers
We have built strong relationships with both our domestic and overseas partners who have honed their craft in manufacturing. As a Product Manager, you will have the opportunity to visit these partners, see their work, and understand their workflows at a deep level. We work hand-in-hand with them to build the tools needed to build exactly what the customers want, develop trust in their capabilities, and expand their business.
What You'll Be Doing
- Understand our partners’ needs through on-site user research (domestic and overseas) and data analysis. Develop conviction around the problems we’re solving and bring those insights to the team
- Collaborate with design, engineering and other company departments across the globe to identify product opportunities, develop hypotheses, and create high-impact solutions for our partners
- Champion your team in achieving successful outcomes by clearly communicating OKRs, prioritizing initiatives, and removing friction from the product development process
- Create trust and transparency by communicating team progress and results to stakeholders; help the organization celebrate successes and learn from failures
- Developing a strategic roadmap that aligns with company and team OKRs, as well as detailed product requirements for near-term development efforts
- Partner oriented – You are curious about hardware manufacturing and the working life of machine shop owners. You love talking to them about their craft and developing insights into their needs
- Skilled problem solver – You can break big problems into smaller, more manageable challenges and you’re comfortable making fast, high quality product decisions using both quantitative and qualitative data
- Articulate communicator – You can convey partner needs clearly with multiple stakeholders, and you bring those people together to create a differentiated product to serve our partners
- Data driven - You know how to build a product that generates insightful datastreams, both for understanding user behavior and measuring the success of features. Experience with SQL and statistical analysis is recommended
About Fictiv (www.fictiv.com)
Fictiv is transforming how teams design, develop and deliver the next generation of hardware products.
Fictiv is a manufacturing platform and the most efficient way to fabricate parts. Powered by a distributed network of highly vetted vendors, Fictiv provides the critical infrastructure teams need to streamline prototyping and accelerate development cycles. The online interface makes it easy for customers to get instant quotes, review manufacturing feedback, and manage orders—all through a single service.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.