Lead Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA
The Fictiv platform team is building the core of Fictiv. We use software to solve tough problems for our customers in the manufacturing space – supporting engineers, designers, and fabricators who are innovating in cutting-edge industries including autonomous cars, spaceships, and medical devices, to name a few.
As a software tech lead, you will work with an incredibly smart team to shape the Fictiv platform and directly impact the future of manufacturing.
What's In It For You?
Small team, big impact
Our team is small and agile; as a core member, we will look to you for opinions and contributions that shape our engineering direction, product development practices, team culture, and Fictiv organization as a whole.
Our customers work on products that push technological boundaries – from self-driving cars to low-cost water purification systems. They inspire us to develop systems to move faster, build a higher quality product, and shape the future of manufacturing.
Change an industry
We have a big vision for what manufacturing should be, and we are determined to make that vision real. You’ll be working with smart, mission driven teammates to create significant change in the industry.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead your team through the product development lifecycle to fulfill customer needs. Guide the team through tradeoffs between scope and schedule to deliver the best customer experience.
- Facilitate team development and growth through planning, retros, code reviews, mentorship, and team outings. Increase your team’s productivity by identifying friction and waste, exploring methods and tools, tackling refactorings, and championing better code patterns.
- Coordinate technical and product work between other Fictiv product teams and departments all across the globe.
- Customer focused – You are driven by creating a delightful customer experience and ensure your work always has the customer in mind.
- Able to make decisions under uncertainty -- You are flexible under pressure and can guide team decisions without full information
- Highly team oriented – You create a collaborative environment to experiment, make mistakes, and adapt to new information. You bring people together to solve problems and give credit where it’s due
- Strong technical expertise – You can understand a code base quickly and identify the largest risks on new technology projects. You have a high quality bar and ensure your team ships stable and well-tested releases
- BONUS: experience working with GraphQL, AWS, and Serverless
About Fictiv (www.fictiv.com)
Fictiv is transforming how teams design, develop and deliver the next generation of hardware products.
Fictiv is a manufacturing platform and the most efficient way to fabricate parts. Powered by a distributed network of highly vetted vendors, Fictiv provides the critical infrastructure teams need to streamline prototyping and accelerate development cycles. The online interface makes it easy for customers to get instant quotes, review manufacturing feedback, and manage orders—all through a single service.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.