San Francisco, CA
Your role as our Product Designer is to translate customer needs into efficient and beautiful user experiences. You are excited to own the full design process: from getting out of the building to talk with customers, to designing in pixels and validating hypotheses. Your design decisions will enable our customers to prototype and manufacture hardware in ways that have never before been possible.
You’ll be responsible for all aspects of our design process and wear many hats across architecture, experience, interaction, and visual. You’ll help us research, design, and launch new manufacturing services across our platform. You are a well-rounded designer with a deep expertise in visual design.
You’ve designed and shipped beautiful, efficient products. You enjoy leading, sharing your rationale, and backing up your decisions with data. You are hypothesis driven, and iterate on projects to achieve results. You design for humans. You’re confident, but humble. You’re empathetic with unmatched communications skills. You’re eager to share your portfolio that illustrates your obsession with excellent use of typography, color, imagery, form, and graphic elements. You’re always learning. You have a love of physical things.
- Execute across all design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Observe and interview users to build empathy and understand pain points
- Synthesize customer feedback to identify high impact features that achieve company goals + drive product direction
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and sitemaps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Conduct usability studies to evaluate user feedback + de-risk designs
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or equivalent practical experience
- Ability to navigate between low-fidelity to high-fidelity designs and have rapid iteration cycles
- Proven UI experience & strong knowledge of visual design principles with a portfolio to back it up - iconography, typography, color and composition
- Exceptional in Illustrator, Sketch, and/or other visual design and wireframing tools
- Ability to communicate and present designs to various stakeholders
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
About Fictiv (www.fictiv.com)
Fictiv is transforming how teams design, develop and deliver the next generation of hardware products.
Fictiv is a manufacturing platform and the most efficient way to fabricate parts. Powered by a distributed network of highly vetted vendors, Fictiv provides the critical infrastructure teams need to streamline prototyping and accelerate development cycles. The online interface makes it easy for customers to get instant quotes, review manufacturing feedback, and manage orders—all through a single service.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.