Software Engineer, ERP
San Francisco, CA
At Fictiv, we’re inspired every day by our customers and teammates.
We support a community that includes some of the most talented people on the planet. You’ll design for hardware engineers who are literally building the future today (think autonomous vehicles, spaceships, next-gen medical devices). You’ll partner with some of the most skilled manufacturers who produce the seemingly impossible. You’ll collaborate with an amazing team of engineers, scientists, and artists who are passionate about democratizing hardware development.
The backbone of our system is the ability to identify manufacturers who are best suited to producing specific parts, and then scheduling and coordinating the actual creation of those parts. As we continue to grow, we are looking for Software Engineers to develop automation for these workflows and keep this system running reliably in production.
What’s in it for you?
Small team, big impact
Our team is small and agile; as a core member, we will look to you for opinions and contributions that shape our engineering direction, product development practices, team culture, and Fictiv organization as a whole.
Our customers work on products that push technological boundaries – from self-driving cars to low-cost water purification systems. They inspire us to develop systems to move faster, build higher quality product, and shape the future of manufacturing.
Change an industry
We have a big vision for what manufacturing should be, and we are determined to make that vision real. You’ll be working with smart, mission driven teammates to create significant change in this industry.
What You'll Be Doing
- Automating Manufacturing Workflows – You will work closely with our manufacturing team to identify inefficiencies in our tools and process. With your understanding of systems and how they fit together, you offer technology alternatives to manual work and enable us to improve team productivity
- Building Domain Expertise – As an early member of our automation team, you will develop both business and technical expertise in our system. As the team grows, we will look to you to provide context and guidance on how to build our systems
- Learning Continuously – You will have an opportunity to develop in various areas of our stack, from getting into the inner workings of our ERP to leveraging the latest AWS tools. And you will have the opportunity to hone your skill set with paid training and a generous education stipend
- You are an independent, proactive developer able to work with peers and leads who are geographically distributed (including offshore developers).
- You thrive in a collaborative environment and are energized by sharing ideas openly and adding to the ideas of others.
- You are comfortable with complex data domains, particularly through multiple levels of abstraction.
- You take pride in your work. You find satisfaction in quality code and hold both yourself and your coworkers to high standards.
- You are able and willing to work outside of regular business as necessary for incident responses and offshore coordination.
- You have experience in developing professional web applications using Python.
About Fictiv (www.fictiv.com)
Fictiv is transforming how teams design, develop and deliver the next generation of hardware products.
Fictiv is a manufacturing platform and the most efficient way to fabricate parts. Powered by a distributed network of highly vetted vendors, Fictiv provides the critical infrastructure teams need to streamline prototyping and accelerate development cycles. The online interface makes it easy for customers to get instant quotes, review manufacturing feedback, and manage orders—all through a single service.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.