San Francisco, CA
Our software platform is at the core of what we do at Fictiv. Through software we are building the future of manufacturing – supporting engineers, designers, and fabricators in some of the most cutting edge industries on the planet. Our customers design and build things like autonomous cars, spaceships, and surgical robots.
We’re looking for a UX researcher with deep care for customers and the passion to influence product development with a user’s voice. Whether you’re a UX researcher, a user community manager, an internal tool training expert, or a salesperson building tailored software solution for your clients, you know the importance of incorporating first hand customer insights into product planning to create amazing experiences for the end user. At Fictiv, that means helping product designers, engineers, and supply chain managers bring innovative hardware products to the world. As a UX researcher, you will be the glue between our organizations and bring the voice of our customer to every conversation.
- Identify and prioritize opportunities where research can help inform product direction or improve customer experience
- Continuously gather knowledge about customers through various channels (e.g. participating in Sales demos, shadowing customer support team, scoping and scheduling customer interviews)
- Analyze, synthesize and present findings to all stakeholders with clarity and agility
- Continuously present brutally honest perspectives about decisions that may affect customers negatively
- Coordinate with product development team to introduce new features to internal and external users
- Improve internal training and documentation for new product releases
- Strong background in design research or customer trust building
- Experience leading a range of evaluative and generative methodologies both on-site and remote
- Strong analytical thinking to summarize organic information into digestible and compelling findings
- Foundational knowledge of modern software development process, information architecture, design principles and content strategy for both web and mobile
- Strong communicator with ability to construct meaningful stories that are memorable, develop a life of their own, and are true to the data
- Autonomy in navigating organizational structure and identifying the right audience for different types of findings
- Comfortable with the technologies for recording, analyzing, storing, and sharing research
Nice to haves
- UX/UI design skills
- An understanding of quantitative and market research method
- Background in hardware product development or side projects building physical products
- Experience with teams in remote offices across time zones
About Fictiv (www.fictiv.com)
Fictiv is transforming how teams design, develop and deliver the next generation of hardware products.
Fictiv is a manufacturing platform and the most efficient way to fabricate parts. Powered by a distributed network of highly vetted vendors, Fictiv provides the critical infrastructure teams need to streamline prototyping and accelerate development cycles. The online interface makes it easy for customers to get instant quotes, review manufacturing feedback, and manage orders—all through a single service.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.