Quality Lead - Guangzhou
At Fictiv, we’re inspired every day by our customers and teammates.
You’ll have the opportunity to interact with some of the most renowned companies on the planet who make physical products loved by millions. You’ll be working with some of the highest quality and most talented vendors who produce what seems impossible to produce. You’ll be surrounded by a wicked awesome team (think PhDs, Ironmans, artists) who are obsessed with winning the hearts and minds of product engineers and designers who are literally building the future (think autonomous cars)... today.
Impact in this Role
Your role as the Quality Lead will be to manage and to grow the Quality function at Fictiv in order to ensure that we’re continually delivering custom-fabricated parts that meet and exceed our customers’ expectations. At Fictiv, we believe in creating the world’s premier platform for hardware manufacturing, and you’ll be playing a critical role in making that happen.
You’ll use your experience within quality management, penchant for defining and driving process, and excellent communication skills to define and implement the processes to ensure we’re delivering parts of the highest quality to our customers every time. You’ll also use this skill set and your experience to help audit and keep up to date Fictiv’s ISO 9001:2015 documentation.
You’ll also lead our team of Quality Inspectors on a daily basis and further develop and implement the processes by which that team operates on a daily basis. On a daily basis, you’ll collaborate with our production team to make sure that we’re receiving, inspecting, and shipping out all expected orders and when you and your team find a part to be out of spec, you’ll collaborate with the production team to determine a workable resolution with our manufacturers and work with the sales team to make sure the customer has been informed of potential resolutions.
In ensuring that we are sending nothing by high quality parts to our customers, you’ll serve a critical role in ensuring customer satisfaction and driving more business to Fictiv.
What You'll Be Doing
- Quality System Definition & Maintenance - Define and maintain the quality systems & processes across our various service offerings
- Quality Standards - Work in conjunction with Fictiv’s supply management to assure customer quality expectations are met or exceeded
- Staffing - Forecast for personnel needs based on the business’s projected demand. Source, interview, and hire quality personnel in line with the demands of the business
- SQE Team Management - Manage activities and set expectations for a team of experienced SQEs working at Fictiv’s China offices
- QC Team Management - Set and manage schedule for hourly Quality Inspectors based on expected peaks and valleys for receiving, inspection, and shipping. Build systems and processes for onboarding, evaluation and career progression of Quality Inspectors
- Quality Failure Reporting - Drive recording and reporting of quality and on-time issues to allow for analysis to determine areas of improvement in Fictiv’s manufacturing operations
- QC Cost Control - Maintain visibility to the cost of an order to be received, inspected, and shipped out based on staffing overhead and variable costs. Maintain and drive down the cost of servicing an order
- Continuous Improvement – Identifying areas of improvement and driving those improvements to the responsibilities listed above
- You are a team-oriented leader and a motivator
- You are a system-level thinker with a penchant for defining process
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are extremely agile - can move from operational to tactical and back quickly
Fictiv is transforming how teams design, develop and deliver the next generation of hardware products.
Fictiv is a manufacturing platform and the most efficient way to fabricate parts. Powered by a distributed network of highly vetted vendors, Fictiv provides the critical infrastructure teams need to streamline prototyping and accelerate development cycles. The online interface makes it easy for customers to get instant quotes, review manufacturing feedback, and manage orders—all through a single service.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.