Strategic Sourcing Lead
San Francisco, CA
At Fictiv, we’re inspired every day by our customers and teammates.
You’ll have the opportunity to interact with some of the most renowned companies on the planet who make physical products loved by millions. You’ll be working with some of the highest quality and most talented vendors who produce what seems impossible to produce. You’ll be surrounded by a wicked awesome team (think PhDs, Ironmans, artists) who are obsessed with winning the hearts and minds of product engineers and designers who are literally building the future (think autonomous cars)... today.
Impact in this Role
Your role as Fictiv’s Strategic Sourcing Lead will be to intelligently grow and manage an entire side of our platform — our Manufacturing Partner network. At Fictiv, we believe in creating the world’s premier platform for hardware manufacturing, and you’ll be playing a critical role in making that happen.
In this role, you’ll be using your educational background (degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or Engineering) and experience in sourcing, onboarding, developing, and managing suppliers to help develop and oversee Fictiv’s globally distributed Manufacturing Partner network.
You’ll coordinate with our Sourcing & Supply Base management team to oversee the qualification and management of our component and final integration suppliers. You’ll forecast Fictiv’s supply capacity needs and corresponding onboarding requirements based on sales pipeline and forecasts to ensure we are able to meet customer demand. You’ll help build robust and agile onboarding processes to ensure we can quickly meet the needs for new spikes in demand. Where necessary, you’ll use your negotiation skills to onboard strategic partners and implement terms to foster long term alignment.
For our onboarded manufacturing partners, you’ll coordinate the tactical implementation of supplier development and management strategies to ensure our Manufacturing Partners continually improve performance under your oversight. You’ll also be responsible for ensuring that we have programs in place to further develop, incentivize and empower our partners. You’ll coordinate with our Supply and Platform teams to ensure we provide them with visibility to their performance as well as the feedback loops to ultimately hold them accountable for maintaining a high fulfillment success rate.
Ultimately, you’ll be responsible for ensuring we are building tight knit partnerships with our manufacturing partners and that we have the right mix and capacity of supply to meet and exceed customer requirements. You will report to the Director of Supply.
What You'll Be Doing
- Forecasting - develop onboarding targets based on sales forecasts and pipeline
- Agile Onboarding Processes - oversee the development of agile, closed-loop processes to quickly identify new capability and capacity needs and correspondingly qualify partners in support of meeting demand
- Supplier Development Initiatives - Propose and oversee the implementation of programs to drive greater Manufacturing Partner engagement and accountability
- Negotiation - Negotiation of terms of relationship (e.g. Manufacturing Service Agreements) with our strategic Production Manufacturing Partners. Invent negotiation strategies and secure profitable deals
- Manage Fictiv’s supply portfolio, both domestically and afar, ensuring transparency of spending
- Generate and implement efficient sourcing and category management strategies
- Analyze and calculate costs of procurement and suggest methods to decrease expenditure
- Optimize sourcing procedures to attain maximum efficiency
- Cooperate with stakeholders to guarantee agreement on terms and processes
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking
- Estimate risks and apply risk minimizing techniques
- Discover and partner with trustworthy vendors and suppliers
- 4+ years of proven work experience as a sourcing manager or procurement manager
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management and relevant software
- Understanding of market dynamics and sound business judgment
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Ability to negotiate and sustain networking relationships
- Comfortable with figures and in collecting, analyzing and interpreting data
- Solid judgment with ability to make good decisions
- BS degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
- Fantastic interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- Self-starter, manages time efficiently, able to complete work in a timely manner without active supervision
Fictiv is transforming how teams design, develop and deliver the next generation of hardware products.
Fictiv is a manufacturing platform and the most efficient way to fabricate parts. Powered by a distributed network of highly vetted vendors, Fictiv provides the critical infrastructure teams need to streamline prototyping and accelerate development cycles. The online interface makes it easy for customers to get instant quotes, review manufacturing feedback, and manage orders—all through a single service.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.