Director, Strategic Partnerships
San Francisco, CA
At Fictiv, we’re inspired every day by our customers and teammates.
You’ll have the opportunity to interact with some of the most renowned companies on the planet who design and make the products loved by millions. You’ll be working with some of the highest quality and most talented vendors who produce what seems impossible to produce. You’ll be surrounded by a truly awesome team (think PhDs, Ironman athletes, engineers, actors, artists) who are obsessed with winning the hearts and minds of product engineers and designers building the future.
Impact in this Role (What’s in it for you)
Fictiv has developed a revolutionary platform for connecting the manufacturing ecosystem and removing the barriers to bringing new products to market at unprecedented speed. With this platform and our amazing network of customers, manufacturers and strategic partners we are building valuable new connections which span the entire product development process. From initial concept and engineering validation to volume production and logistics, Fictiv holds a unique position at the nexus of the manufacturing industry.
We seek a Director of Strategic Partnerships to build connections which radically increase Fictiv’s ability to add value throughout the manufacturing value chain. The right candidate will make our vision of removing the barriers to product development and manufacturing a reality. You will be educating, inspiring, connecting and ushering in a new paradigm for how products are made. Your work will provide the foundation for catalyzing rapid and long overdue transformation of manufacturing processes and supply chains.
Your vision and comprehensive knowledge of advanced manufacturing technologies will play a critical role in revolutionizing manufacturing.
What You'll Be Doing
- Build meaningful connections and lasting relationships with leaders and influencers throughout the manufacturing ecosystem
- Plan, build and execute programs which help address critical challenges for Fictiv and our partners
- Identify and forge new strategic partnerships which add mutual value to all involved parties
- Develop and deliver keynote speaking engagements and presentations
- Represent Fictiv at industry events, workshops, and meetups
- Analyze and report on industry trends to set context and guide Fictiv business strategies
- Engage executives at enterprise target accounts on strategies for employing advanced manufacturing technologies
- Advise internal Fictiv teams on trends and vertical specific strategic business priorities in target segments to guide go to market efforts
- Build and lead new teams to help grow the Fictiv business
- Established reputation as a recognized leader and driver of change in the manufacturing industry
- Clear and convicted point of view on manufacturing industry trends and emerging technologies
- Decisive capacity to execute and drive results in dynamic and fluid environments
- Strategic thinking and business planning
- Proven ability to drive tangible results in complex multi-organization programs
- Visionary capacity to influence others using data, storytelling and first-hand examples
- Developing and delivering compelling, factual presentations to inspire a wide range of audiences from students to senior executives
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and translate complex technical concepts into commonly understood terms and language
- Strength in building and leading new teams
- Advanced degree(s) in engineering, manufacturing, supply chain or related fields
- Applicable industry experience working in product development, design, engineering, manufacturing or supply chain management
About Fictiv (www.fictiv.com)
Fictiv is transforming how teams design, develop and deliver the next generation of hardware products.
Fictiv is a manufacturing platform and the most efficient way to fabricate parts. Powered by a distributed network of highly vetted vendors, Fictiv provides the critical infrastructure teams need to streamline prototyping and accelerate development cycles. The online interface makes it easy for customers to get instant quotes, review manufacturing feedback, and manage orders—all through a single service.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.