International Logistics Lead - Guangzhou
At Fictiv, we’re inspired every day by our customers and teammates.
You’ll have the opportunity to interact with some of the most renowned companies on the planet who make physical products loved by millions. You’ll be working with some of the highest quality and most talented vendors who produce what seems impossible to produce. You’ll be surrounded by a wicked awesome team (think PhDs, Ironmans, artists) who are obsessed with winning the hearts and minds of product engineers and designers who are literally building the future (think autonomous cars)... today.
Impact in this Role
Your role as a International Logistics Lead will be to support and drive improvement to our critical manufacturing functions. We have two sets of customers—our builders, who order parts through us, and our manufacturing partners, who manufacture and assembly these parts—and you’ll take the inputs from our builders and work with our manufacturing partners to deliver on our builders’ expectations. At Fictiv, we believe in creating the world’s premier platform for hardware manufacturing, and you’ll be playing a critical role in making that happen.
In this role, you’ll be using your supply chain and logistics background, shipping knowledge and experience to lead Fictiv’s development of it’s strategic approach to logistics in an ever expanding and distributed supply network in the dynamic global stage. You will manage supplier consignments and customer shipments to ensure on time delivery.
You will report to the Quality Manager.
What You'll Be Doing
- Develop Fictiv (international) standard processes and workflows for how best to move product from manufacturing partners to point of need (either Fictiv, customer, or final integrator)
- Generate requirements and metrics for the Fictiv Logistics team that can be incorporated into automated systems to foster easier workflow, improvement of data and efficiency of manpower requirements
- Select carriers and third party servicesNegotiate third party contracts and rates
- Coordinate all shipments for all locationsEnsure all shipments are compliant with international customs regulations
- Respond to shipping complaints, customs delays, and damages
- Track and report shipment resultsDevelop and document standard operating procedures
- Analyze financial impact of logistics changes, routing, shipping modes, etc.
- Design, assess, and implement new strategies and initiatives
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with company processes
- Minimum of 5 years experience in industry procedures, costs, and terms and Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, transportation, logistics, business, or related field; master’s degree preferred
- You are results-oriented
- You are meticulous, detail-oriented, and have an inclination for documentation
- You have a history of data-based decision making
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, manages time efficiently, able to complete work in a timely manner without active supervision
- Previous experience as a manager, supervisor, coordinator, or relevant position
- Strong project management skills with ability to supervise multiple projects
Fictiv is transforming how teams design, develop and deliver the next generation of hardware products.
Fictiv is a manufacturing platform and the most efficient way to fabricate parts. Powered by a distributed network of highly vetted vendors, Fictiv provides the critical infrastructure teams need to streamline prototyping and accelerate development cycles. The online interface makes it easy for customers to get instant quotes, review manufacturing feedback, and manage orders—all through a single service.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.