Software Engineering Manager
San Francisco, CA
Our software platform is at the core of what we do at Fictiv. Through software we are building the future of manufacturing – supporting engineers, designers, and fabricators in some of the most cutting edge industries on the planet. Our customers design and build things like autonomous cars, spaceships, and surgical robots.
As an engineering manager, you will help define Fictiv’s roadmap and support platform product teams in successfully executing Fictiv’s vision of the future of manufacturing.
What’s in it for you?
Small team, big impact
Our team is small and agile; as a core member, we will look to you for opinions and contributions that shape our engineering direction, product development practices, team culture, and Fictiv organization as a whole.
Our customers work on products that push technological boundaries – from self-driving cars to low-cost water purification systems. They inspire us to develop systems to move faster, build higher quality product, and shape the future of manufacturing.
Change an industry
We have a big vision for what manufacturing should be, and we are determined to make that vision real. You’ll be working with smart, mission driven teammates to create significant change in this industry.
What you’ll be doing
- Build and support high performing agile software teams across the globe in delivering complex projects and successful business outcomes
- Help the organization define the product roadmap and tactical direction, balancing individual needs with scope, schedule, and near- and long-term business and engineering goals
- Model a safe, inclusive culture of continuous learning through effective expectation setting, constructive feedback, mentoring, and individual and team coaching
- Actively coach and mentor individuals in their career paths at Fictiv
- Experienced technologist with the ability to dive into technical details if needed. You are comfortable with complex data domains, application development, and systems architecture.
- You enjoy working with a diverse group of people who have strong opinions. You can guide a team towards high quality decisions when they have differing perspectives and ideas.
- You are a clear communicator. You can provide business context for engineers as well as highlight technical challenges for non-engineers.
- You understand how team dynamics evolve over time and how to leverage both team energy and conflict to create successful teams. You’ve seen high performing and underperforming teams and can guide teams to sustainable results.
About Fictiv (www.fictiv.com)
Fictiv is transforming how teams design, develop and deliver the next generation of hardware products.
Fictiv is a manufacturing platform and the most efficient way to fabricate parts. Powered by a distributed network of highly vetted vendors, Fictiv provides the critical infrastructure teams need to streamline prototyping and accelerate development cycles. The online interface makes it easy for customers to get instant quotes, review manufacturing feedback, and manage orders—all through a single service.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.