Palo Alto /
Engineering Team /
Trust is a fundamental part of humanity, but with the rise of the internet over the last couple of decades, we’ve seen a plethora of trust issues emerge like spam, fraudulent transactions, hate speech, and online abuse.
Today, with AI, computers take on more tasks usually done by humans, with an increase in efficiency and productivity. However, We understand the implications of AI, and the potential danger of not having visibility into how it affects the real world. There is a lack of trust in AI outcomes because often AI models can be opaque.
We started Fiddler because we believe there is a need for a new kind of Explainable AI Platform. One that enables organizations to get ahead of these issues by building trustworthy, transparent, and understandable AI solutions.
Who We Are
Our team is motivated by helping the world to unlock the AI blackbox. We help humans harness AI to create more understanding around results, create actionable insights, eliminate biases, and identify performance gaps. We know that AI is the future and believe that learning the “why” behind the results is crucial to any business or platform.
This is an exciting time to join a team that is driven, thoughtful, and humble. You’ll also be joining a team that is widely recognized as an AI leader: 2022 a16z Data50 list, 2021 CB Insights AI 100 most promising startups, 2020 WEF Technology Pioneer, 2020 Forbes AI 50 most promising startups of 2020, and a 2019 Gartner Cool Vendor in Enterprise AI Governance and Ethical Response.
About the role
We’re looking for an Engineering leader who has a high EQ, is a culture carrier, has a depth of technical knowledge, and knows how to motivate and empower a team.
You will manage two of our engineering teams: the Platform team and the Product Engineering team. The Platform team is responsible for our backend infrastructure that supports large-scale data ingestion into the Fiddler platform. The Product Engineering team is responsible for our core monitoring product. This is a very critical role that will report directly to the CTO.
What You'll Do
- Manage our Platform and Product Engineering teams
- Oversee the build of infrastructure that can ingest and analyze petabytes of data
- Oversee the build of cutting-edge algorithms for monitoring ML systems
- Design enterprise-grade, scalable APIs to plug into our customers’ ML workflows
- Work with product and customer-facing teams to enhance and expand our product offerings and capabilities
- Be involved in strategic direction and product decisions that impact all of Fiddler
- Build and grow the team and foster a strong engineering culture
What We're Looking For
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 3 years of engineering management experience and 8 years of overall software development experience
- Hands on technical leadership experience leading project teams and setting technical direction
- Preferred qualifications: deep knowledge of Infrastructure (AWS / Google Cloud, Kubernetes, or equivalent on-premises technologies), large-scale distributed systems, and Machine Learning
Fiddler Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.