Senior Staff Backend Engineer
Engineering Team /
At Fiddler, we understand the implications of AI and the impact that it has on human lives. Our company was born with the mission of building trust into AI. With the rise of the internet, trust in AI has been degraded by a plethora of issues like spam, fraudulent transactions, hate speech, and online abuse. Fiddler enables organizations to get ahead of these issues by building trustworthy, transparent, and explainable AI solutions.
Fiddler partners with AI-first organizations to help build a long-term framework for responsible AI practices, which, in turn, builds trust with their user base. Data Science, MLOps, and business teams use Fiddler AI to monitor, explain, analyze, and improve their AI solutions to identify performance gaps, mitigate bias, and drive better outcomes. Our platform enables engineering teams and business stakeholders alike to understand the “why” and how behind model outcomes.
Fiddler AI is founded by Krishna Gade (engineering leadership at Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Microsoft) and Amit Paka (two-time founder with acquisitions by Samsung and PayPal and product roles at Expedia and Microsoft). We are backed by Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Lux Capital.
Why Join Us
Our team is motivated to unlock the AI opaque box and help society harness the power of AI. Joining us means you get to make an impact by helping reduce algorithmic bias and ensure that models in production across many different industries are transparent and ethical. We are an early-stage startup and have a rapidly growing team of intelligent and empathetic doers, thinkers, creators, builders, and everyone in between. The AI and ML industry has a rapid pace of innovation and the learning opportunities here are monumental. This is your chance to be a trailblazer.
Fiddler is recognized as a pioneer in the field of AI Observability and has received numerous accolades, including: 2022 a16z Data50 list, 2021 CB Insights AI 100 most promising startups, 2020 WEF Technology Pioneer, 2020 Forbes AI 50 most promising startups of 2020, and a 2019 Gartner Cool Vendor in Enterprise AI Governance and Ethical Response. By joining our brilliant (at least we think so) team, you will help pave the way in the AI Observability space.
What You'll Do
- Shape the technical roadmap for core parts of the product and the underlying infrastructure
- Partner with our product and customer-facing teams to enhance and expand our offering and identify new functionalities and opportunities we should target
- Design and build a world-class cloud platform to help enterprises monitor and analyze their ML models. Scale the platform to process billions of inference events per day and handle state-of-the-art complex ML models (e.g large language models)
- Design enterprise-grade, scalable APIs and flexible integrations to plug into customers’ ML workflows
- Recommend and implement engineering best practices across the entire engineering organization, improve the functionality of existing software, and ensure that the design, application, and maintenance of our software meets quality standards
- Take an active role in building a world-class engineering team. Coach, mentor and support the engineers across the company.
What We are Looking For
- Deep Knowledge of infrastructure management (AWS / Google Cloud, Kubernetes, or equivalent on-premises technologies)
- Experience in building large-scale, distributed analytics data processing systems (OLAP) and/or building infrastructure for Machine learning pipelines, feature and data stores, and model monitoring.
- Experience in tuning system performance, efficiency, reliability
- Minimum 12 years of experience
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or equivalent areas
- Proficiency with Python, Celery, RabbitMQ, Postgres, Grafana, JIRA
- Experience with a Clickhouse database is nice to have
- A deep understanding of Machine learning is not required but is nice to have
- Someone who values and enjoys mentoring and coaching junior team members
- Deep knowledge of engineering best practices and experience scaling an enterprise engineering organization
Fiddler is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Pay Range in San Francisco California
The posted range represents the expected salary range for this job requisition and does not include any other potential components of the compensation package, benefits, and perks previously outlined. Ultimately, in determining pay, we'll consider your experience, leveling, location, and other job-related factors.
The salary range for this role is $200,000 - $230,000